Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As she sat, bone stock, on the Showroom floor. V&H Eliminator 400's are first up. K&N Stage 1 with a V&H FP-3 to follow. Will post up more pix as the build progresses.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
V&H Eliminator 400's Installed

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Custom Dynamics front Dynamic Rings installed

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just pulled the trigger on: Arlen Ness Chrome 13" Apes from RevZilla, V&H Dresser Duals and an FP-3 from Ryan @ Law Abiding Biker.com, LED Tri-Bar brake lighting from Custom Dynamics, bits and goodies from Surdyke H-D including a Stage One S/E Intake, and a set of Stretched Bags from Advan Black painted in Vivid Black. Now the hard part: waiting for the Brown Santa Sleigh to get here. Hell, its riding weather here in AZ!!!

·
Registered
489 Posts
How are you liking the eliminators? Big sound difference? Those are the slip-on's I'm considering. Did the custom dynamics rings and tail lights and tri bar...now for the plasma rods.

·
Registered
207 Posts
How are you liking the eliminators? Big sound difference? Those are the slip-on's I'm considering. Did the custom dynamics rings and tail lights and tri bar...now for the plasma rods.
I'm curious about them too. I put them on and absolutely hated them. Way too quiet. But maybe it's just me.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I'm curious about them too. I put them on and absolutely hated them. Way too quiet. But maybe it's just me.
I agree, Dice. Waaaaaay too quiet! A Buddy tells me to reserve final judgment until after I get the Dresser Duals on. He sez the Cats really muffle the sound. We will see. Right now, its a half step louder than the 'Singer Sewing Machine' stock mufflers. HUGE disappointment. I've had V&H on every Harley and these, by far, shouldn't even have the V&H logo on em.

If, after installing the duals it's still this quite, I'll get their 4.5" Titans, or the HD Street Cannons. Should've done that from the get go

·
Registered
207 Posts
Glad it wasn't just me. I got a set of stock mufflers to try the Fullsac recore kit. I'll know in a few weeks how they sound.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I agree, Dice. Waaaaaay too quiet! A Buddy tells me to reserve final judgment until after I get the Dresser Duals on. He sez the Cats really muffle the sound. We will see. Right now, its a half step louder than the 'Singer Sewing Machine' stock mufflers. HUGE disappointment. I've had V&H on every Harley and these, by far, shouldn't even have the V&H logo on em.

If, after installing the duals it's still this quite, I'll get their 4.5" Titans, or the HD Street Cannons. Should've done that from the get go
I've heard if you want loud out of Vance and Hines for the M8, the high output are the ones to get. Personally, I didn't like the step up look of the pipe. My salesman installed the high ouputs and when asked, he said it was the loudest he found....I'm sure there are louder pipes.

Is the sound deeper? Once I hit about 3K my stock pipes "broke in" and sound deeper and louder than new....I just want a little more grunt than stock and not too loud...I actually like my neighbors and come into the neighborhood later in the evening. Sorry for your disappointment on the pipes....but thank you for the good information.

PS they do have quiet and not so quiet baffles for this model of slip on.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Glad it wasn't just me. I got a set of stock mufflers to try the Fullsac recore kit. I'll know in a few weeks how they sound.
Let me know how the recore kit works. I kept the OEM slip ons

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'm jealous, looks great. I miss doing the mods been jonesing to do more. Let me know how the Advan Black bags work out for you fit and finish, especially fittment of latch and hinge hardware. Congrats

1 - 20 of 20 Posts