Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello riders,

just purchased a 2012 Road Glide Ultra. i love it!!! its all stock ex... stage 1 kit with air cleaner opened up, slip on screamin eagle pipes, and a down load.. its to quiet!!!! i dont want ear piercing but would like more rumble when i get on it. can only afford slip ons, what do you have? and what would have more rumble?? any info would be greatly helpful!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Anything from Vance & Hines or Reinhart will be louder than the SE slip-ons. I have the V&H Monster Rounds, they rumble nicely while cruising, not too loud, but they bark ok when you get on it.

Scoop

·
Registered
80 Posts
I put the RC Components on mine and I really enjoy them. Nice rumble while idle and sounds great when you hit the throttle.

·
Registered
9,058 Posts
Klockwerks SS on mine

·
Registered
7,107 Posts
Anything from Vance & Hines or Reinhart will be louder than the SE slip-ons. I have the V&H Monster Rounds, they rumble nicely while cruising, not too loud, but they bark ok when you get on it.

Scoop
+1^^^ I have the V&H Monster Rounds and I like the sound.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Does it have headers with or without cats? If it's with, you may be better off keeping the mufflers you have and changing headers so you can open her up. I have Jackpot slip ons and they are freaking loud but deep.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Does it have headers with or without cats? If it's with, you may be better off keeping the mufflers you have and changing headers so you can open her up. I have Jackpot slip ons and they are freaking loud but deep.
^^^^^^This

Doesn't matter if you straight piped the bike, until you ditch the header they will all be quiet. Do the header first, then slip-ons.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Exhaust

Vance and Hines 3.5 inch slash cut and Python true dual headers. Nice bark when you twist the throttle.:cool:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I put the RC Components on mine and I really enjoy them. Nice rumble while idle and sounds great when you hit the throttle.
I did the RC Components slip ons and an S&S intake kit. Love the sound. Havent had a tune done yet, but not thinking I need one at this point.

The RC slip ons are a lot less expensive and sound every bit as good as the Rineharts I had on my FLSTF.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts