Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be picking up my 09 glide in a week or so. Bars I ordered are back ordered. Dealer is installing a set of slip ons. They are used, but look brand new. Parts guy told me over the phone the other day that the baffles were removed. Will this mess up the factory tune on this 09? I read that it doesn't really bother them because of the cat, but did 09s have the cat in the header pipe or the muffler. This is a florida bike with 1280 miles. If this is going to be a problem I will tell them not to install them. Any input is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So if these slip ons don't have baffles in them, would you have them installed? Dealer said it does not to need to be tuned with just slip ons installed. Don't know if thats true either??

·
Registered
364 Posts
Go ahead...I have American Custom Slip On's with removable baffles ( I run most of the time without the baffle) and a de-catted header and have had no issues for 3 years. No ECM download is required.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Go ahead...I have American Custom Slip On's with removable baffles ( I run most of the time without the baffle) and a de-catted header and have had no issues for 3 years. No ECM download is required.
Thank you sir! That was the info I was looking for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts