Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 338 Posts

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I bought my 2nd Roadglide back in September of 2012. Pretty happy when comparing it to my 2005, but theres still a lot to be desired when it comes to the stereo set up. I had J&M speakers on my 05 and upgraded to the Boom Audio speakers on my 2013. I was happy until I drove it up to 55-60 mph. Im running a short windshield and stand 6'4", so I catch almost all the wind. Recently sold the Boom and Harmon Kardon stock HU. Researched a lot of threads on many different forums and I have decided on some items I will try and install. My bike will be down all winter (I live in Michigan) so what better time to start buying parts. This is my poor man's build. It will be over the coarse of the next 4 months. Dont have the funds like some to drop $1500-$2000 on a set up at once, I have little ones.anyhow this is what I have came up with so far.

1. Front speakers- Hertz Hcx 165 6.5" 200w/100w rms
2. JL Audio XD 400/4 amp 75x4 rms @ 4 ohms
3. Scosche #SAHD656 speaker adapters
4. Biketronics BT-1005 controller
5. Still need head unit
6. Still need Hogtunes speaker lids
7. Still need Hertz Hcx 690 6x9 rear speakers
8. Misc amp leads, rca cables , & speaker wire

UPDATE 3/7/14:
Sold amp, speakers & lids.Why, I don't know. Running these

Hertz SPL SHOW SERIES
1. Hertz Sv165.1 6 1/2 up front
2. Hertz ST35 tweeters up front
3. Hertz SV165.1 6 1/2 in the rear
4. Hertz HDP4 Amp
5. Bagger Concepts Loud Lids
6. ST44 tweeters in the bags
7. Hertz SV200.1 8" Full range in the bags
8. Alpine 445U amp to drive st35's. Everything else running in parallel off of the
HDP4 @ 2 ohm load

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats where I'm at for the moment. Hoping to order Hogtune lids in the next few weeks.
Still not 100% sure if I'm gonna go single or double din. Audiowerks modifies your stock fairing to fit the 2 din radios. I might go that route .

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts
Should come out sounding good. BTW that's not a "cheap" build.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
I'm more or less "done" with my stereo for now

look forward to your progress, being methodical with what you want is a good way to go

the two item's I would have if they had been readily available at the time would be dual RS amps from hawg wired and hog tunes lids

PBR300x2 amps have been a blessing, they fit and have plenty of drive

I killed a set of coaxials quickly this spring with CVO speakers lids, and ended up with stacked components HAT, which are much more weather durable

ZX speakers are also stack components, now 225/250w max

I hit my battery threshold constantly with just the two humble PBR300x2 amps and the 5x7 HAT's, real bass notes pull much more power, than 4 6.5's

I know getting dual 6x9's like Qhog has got to be drawing the juice

subscribed

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Nice list you have there torque, looking forward to seeing it come together.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've been looking at head units for about 2 months . Still cant decide. If I go with a single din its either gonna be a Pioneer Deh 9500bhs or the Alpine 149BT. I really want a double din HU. Might just send the inner to Audiowerks and let them do their magic for the double din feature. I think its right around $600 for the mod. In the long run I think it would look better. Not sure if theres any advantage with one versus the other.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I've been looking at head units for about 2 months . Still cant decide. If I go with a single din its either gonna be a Pioneer Deh 9500bhs or the Alpine 149BT. I really want a double din HU. Might just send the inner to Audiowerks and let them do their magic for the double din feature. I think its right around $600 for the mod. In the long run I think it would look better. Not sure if theres any advantage with one versus the other.
I am on the fence on the D/D inner also... It is going to come down to what I do on the outer fairing. Should know something on the outer tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am on the fence on the D/D inner also... It is going to come down to what I do on the outer fairing. Should know something on the outer tomorrow.
There are some bad ass outer out there. I'm probably just gonna go double din. Good luck with yours

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ordered some Hawg wired mesh speaker covers. Should be here Monday. I'm gonna try to mock up the amp on the side of the inner.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Still haven't received the grills yet. Ive waited 2 weeks for the grills to ship. They were one state away. Wanting to install the front speakers and amp, but im sidelined waiting for these.

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts
Who did you order the grills from, direct from HW, or somewhere else?

Sent from my SPH-L710

1 - 20 of 338 Posts