Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good Day, I have a 2015 Road Glide Special. I curently only has 4K miles on her. I noticed today she as slight moisture around "Centering Screw" on right side of Tranny. The bike is under warranty so no issues there. Just curious to why it could and would leak. I seen older bikes have the issue but figured Harley would fix it. Also I'm using Amsoil 15w-140. Shifts great and no issues. I've attached a pic and just would like some insite.

Attachments

·
Registered
654 Posts
Hard to tell by the pic, but I think it looks like oil seepage. Good thing to keep an eye on in case the transmission oil pan is a poorly manufactured unit. If the metal is too porous it may accumulate and eventually drip. Safety issue?? Definitely messy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UPDATE:
I figured the "wetness" came after using 75W-140 Amsoil Gear oil with 2000 miles since change that I should change it. I ordered some Amsoil Tranny Fluid which I believe is a lighter weight gear oil since it smells the same (Horrible). I took 50/50 water and simple green and sprayed and cleaned the area twice as to remove all residue and since doing the changes I haven't seen the wetness come back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts