Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found a small leak in the oil cooler, i took it to my guy and we could not see where there is any damage from the road. I have to talk to HD today but I'm wondering if the warranty or my extended warranty will cover this. I see that they are about 300.00. This is the 5th problem with this 2013 and 16K miles on it. My wife said a bought a piece of shit

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Depends on the dealer,I think this is one of the times you find out how good your dealer is.That and tires.

It should be a warranty deal no problem.I'm just little ticked atm for a dealer charging me labor to warranty a tire for cracking.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Should be covered, if not make them tell you that it isn't and why it isn't.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Did you just do a oil change?? Sometimes when doing a oil change there may be some oil spilled when removing the old oil filter and the spilled oil will drip from the front of the bike for awhile.
Most likely it is just a hose clamp that is loose and a few minutes with a screwdriver will fix the problem.
If the cooler lines are overtightened then they could crack right by the hose clamp so check the lines.
I would think the oil cooler is a warranty item but if it isn't it would be a good time to upgrade, I went with the Jagg 10 row without the fan and it works a lot better than the HD oil cooler I had on the bike.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you just do a oil change?? Sometimes when doing a oil change there may be some oil spilled when removing the old oil filter and the spilled oil will drip from the front of the bike for awhile.
Most likely it is just a hose clamp that is loose and a few minutes with a screwdriver will fix the problem.
If the cooler lines are overtightened then they could crack right by the hose clamp so check the lines.
I would think the oil cooler is a warranty item but if it isn't it would be a good time to upgrade, I went with the Jagg 10 row without the fan and it works a lot better than the HD oil cooler I had on the bike.
yes, had 15K service about 1k miles ago, looks like it was coming from the front top right side from inside the finns.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
yes, had 15K service about 1k miles ago, looks like it was coming from the front top right side from inside the finns.
There is a lot of wind up front causing turbalance so where you think the oil is coming from may not actually be where the oil is coming from. The oil lines that go to the oil cooler/filter housing is by the top right too.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got off the phone with Drew from heart of dixie harley, they are going to take care of it. they have really step up the last few times I have come in

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Just found a small leak in the oil cooler, i took it to my guy and we could not see where there is any damage from the road. I have to talk to HD today but I'm wondering if the warranty or my extended warranty will cover this. I see that they are about 300.00. This is the 5th problem with this 2013 and 16K miles on it. My wife said a bought a piece of shit
The warranty better cover it, these suckers aren't cheap and the dealer is happy to take that big pile of money from you! :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts