Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to mount my Android smartphone on my bike to use Slacker radio and am looking for, in your opinion, the best mount for this. I already have the Iron Aces mount for my Garmin gps so that is out, what other good strong reliable mounts are there to hold a smartphone that could also be transferred to a truck dash or vent to use there also?

·
Registered
7,238 Posts
I just throw my phone in one of the pockets in the fairing and use it as my mp3 player through bluetooth. Works great

·
Registered
2,028 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Had the ram X grip on an iron aces mount. Was all good for about a year and a half. Always held device secure. Then one day I squeezed the arms to insert my phone, and the whole thing flew apart and springs went everywhere. Haven't bought another one, but modified a belt holster to fit the iron aces mount. Like it much better.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
171 Posts
RAM mount x grip and I use a isimple transit blu (Bluetooth radio adaptor) under the fairing. No wires, very clean

·
Registered
763 Posts
I found a mount specific to my phone (Moto RAZR M) that has a charging port built in, at ProClip. http://www.proclipusa.com/ I also got a horizontal extension plate, so I could mount phone and Garmin together, on my Iron Aces mount. I'll try to find a picture.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Best picture I could find. Looks like it was an accidental shot.

I'll try to get a better shot, tomorrow.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I found a mount specific to my phone (Moto RAZR M) that has a charging port built in, at ProClip. http://www.proclipusa.com/ I also got a horizontal extension plate, so I could mount phone and Garmin together, on my Iron Aces mount. I'll try to find a picture.
looks like a pretty good mount but I have the Otterbox on my droid.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts