Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 RGU and it has a stock 14inch windshield, Harley says it does not sell any smoked windshields over 9 inches, my line of sight is over the 14 inch as it should be and I cannot find a smoked shield that would replace the stock-any help locating a source would be appreciated

·
Registered
2 Posts
+1 for freedom shields

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Reactions: snarley53

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
What about when you are cresting a hill?

Also, I recommend before buying a different shield make sure you have the seat you are going to use most of the time. The seat height will determine what shield height you want.

Also check out Long Ride Shields and sign up for their email to be alerted for specials. Their quality control has been questioned by some members, but their pricing can't be beat.

I have 3 lengths and have no complaints.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 2018 RGU and it has a stock 14inch windshield, Harley says it does not sell any smoked windshields over 9 inches, my line of sight is over the 14 inch as it should be and I cannot find a smoked shield that would replace the stock-any help locating a source would be appreciated
I recently bought a Freedom 12" windshield, touring, on my 2019 RGS. I had a 12" HD wind splitter, which was perfectly fine for fit, but didn't like the fact it was not dark enough. I measured the wind splitter just as John (Freedom) shows on his website. I cross referenced it to his, discovering the wind splitter height was the same as the Freedom 12"; so, I ordered a 12" Freedom Touring, medium tint. I could not be happier, it looks great and does exactly what it is supposed to. The quality is truly second to none. I've read a few places where LRS's quality has gone down, although i've never owned one of theirs.

Freedom's windshield is distortion free, too. I had halos with the wind-splitter wearing Costa sunglasses. No more with the Freedom, which is important.

Not to mention dealing with Freedom is nothing short of a pleasurable experience.

Good luck.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Big fan of Freedom shields here. Optically, and as far as quality, my Freedom shield is perfect. I have had people chase me down asking about "what kind of shield is that?"
Mine is an 11" Touring in medium grey. I am 5'9".

Be careful about choosing a tint. Dark looks bad ass on the bike, but has its drawbacks when riding, as low light conditions and shade can mess with your vision, particularly when used with sunglasses.
If I ever need another one, it will be a light grey or maybe even clear.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
I have the 14" KW sport flare. I'm 5' 10" I see over it. I do have to look through it on a rise. But I'm used to it. It's a non issue.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Got to chip in the "M" word. Madstad has several tints & sizes. Just don't get a madstad if you and especially your wife like wind on you : )

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
. . . oh, and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Take a look at the threads in windshield section. That is how I made the decision to get a MadStad. I personally would not choose any other.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts