Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Road Glide Custom with a Stage IV and a bunch of other engine work. I have put nearly 64K on it so far.

The problem I am having on occasion is when I start her up, she belches smoke out the air cleaner. I had the same problem with my previous bike and it turned out to be the compensator.

I was told by the dealership if is extra fuel causing the smoke. Ity seems to be doing it more and more now though.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I have a 2013 Road Glide Custom with a Stage IV and a bunch of other engine work. I have put nearly 64K on it so far.

The problem I am having on occasion is when I start her up, she belches smoke out the air cleaner. I had the same problem with my previous bike and it turned out to be the compensator.

I was told by the dealership if is extra fuel causing the smoke. Ity seems to be doing it more and more now though.

Any ideas?

Right before my compensator went totally txxs up mine did the same thing as well as belching smoke on shutdown. Had the compensator and starter replaced under warranty, no more problems.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine turned out to be be a bigger issue. The rings never sat after a mid-2015 rebuild with bigger pistons, sturdier rods, and what not. Close to $3K in work. Almost a quarter of an inch in oil build up on the pistons. Cylinder walls were scratched, along with a lifter and crank failure. I was surprised it ran at all. Now I am putting $5K into a 110 long block replacement. Harley did not stand behind any of the parts I had to replace last time. It's only money, I guess.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a 103 with a stage 4 racing kit in it. Woods TW777 cams and what not. All that to get more power than a 110. I ride a lot. Usually 20k + a year. The 110 long block would give me the sturdier parts without having to modify a 103 to get close to what I had. I had a 110 on my 2010 Street Glide and had not problems with it, despite the miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts