Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We go at least once a year , this time we're leaving here October 13th ( Saturday ) and stay three days , leaving the 17th ..

Getting restless

JtB

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
Has not been back in 30 years. Last year we stayed in Gatlinburg for two weeks rode out everyday in different direction.
May was a great time to be there we had such a great ride we are going back this year staying at Cashiers NC .
Every road we took was a great ride.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Yep, Love the Smokies! Feel blessed I live close enough to enjoy them fairly regularly. Pics from a couple weeks ago @ TOTD - first time for the wifey. :)

Coming... & Going. :D
Those are awsome shots, how did you get them. Did you have a buddy sit on the side and take the pics. Those are cool!

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Those are awsome shots, how did you get them. Did you have a buddy sit on the side and take the pics. Those are cool!
Check out www.moonshinephoto.com. They and several other professional photography companies set up at strategic locations on the dragon daily and shoot film all day. When you ride it, remember the date & approximate time and go to the websites, select type of bike: cruisers, touring 2 up, etc. and look for your pics. They are for purchase in several forms. Digital download is around $5 to $7 per print. Pretty lucrative business as they shoot hundreds a day. The other companies' links are listed on moonshine's website.

·
Registered
91 Posts
TN,NC, GA here we come

We are headed down on Oct 12th from CT. This will be my 3rd year going and it never gets old. First year on the new Glide so can't wait. We have gone in April, June and now Oct. Our hopes is to do some high elevation leaf peeping. Doing the highway shot from CT to Pigon Forge and on the way home the entire BRP and Skyline Dr. (Hoping this year no real construction or rock slides).

Last year we found some fantastic twists off the BRP in Little Switzerland and another road I see they names Devils Whip (Rt 80)

Ok the wait is killing me as it always does.

Frank

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you are able to make it to Maggie Valley, take the time to go to Wheels Thru Time. Awsome place. If you really like motorcycles, you'll love this!:)

·
Registered
505 Posts
As some of you already know but maybe some don't, be very careful during "leaf turning" season. Lots of 4 wheeled sightseeing idjits out there at that time of the year. And fallen leaves on narrow 2 lane roads, especially if it's a little damp, can do bad things to bikes.

·
Registered
853 Posts
As some of you already know but maybe some don't, be very careful during "leaf turning" season. Lots of 4 wheeled sightseeing idjits out there at that time of the year. And fallen leaves on narrow 2 lane roads, especially if it's a little damp, can do bad things to bikes.
EXTREMELY good advice!!!! you can't stress that too much!!!

·
Super Moderator
10,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
we were gonna come back the 17th , decided to leave Friday the 19th instead for home ..

we were there this week last year and were a little early for the leaf changing

JtB

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Guess im gonna miss yall. Ill be up there Oct 22 weekend.

·
Registered
91 Posts
JtB

Responded to your PM. It sounds like a great idea. Us Sharks need to stick together.

Frank

·
Registered
42 Posts
The Smoky Mountains is one of my favorite places to vacation. Great roads to ride and explore. Looking forward to my next trip.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts