Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rode thru Bryce Canyon then Cedar Breaks Nat'l Monument and saw snow , are you kidding today is June 11

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Bob, ya know I love ya and want only the best for you and the OL.......but when you are out living the Rockstar Life (which you earned, not taking that away from you) and touring the nation in your rolling palace with the Road Sofa on the back......you're not going to sell out every venue, you will have a few "Bob's Country Bunker" rooms now an then.......so......SUCK IT UP SALLY!!!!!

Are we hanging in Deadwood in a few months?

·
Registered
316 Posts
We went through there Memorial Day weekend. 2 days of rain/hail, 2 days of great riding. One of the people on the trip had less than 500 miles riding experience and had barely taken MSF.
Still snow on the side of the road over Monte Cristo last weekend. What the heck, Snowbird is still open and I have a pass. Might ski Sunday morning then ride in the afternoon.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Definitely would be a honor to hang with you in Deadwood Will you be in New Glarus on the 6/22 ? May ride up from Montrose only 23 hours

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,051 Posts
Montrose, Colorado huh. Assuming you haven't been there before, make damn sure you take Rte 550 up into Ouray. It's only a short ride from where you'll be. Spectacular little town (you'll think you're in the Alps) with amazing views. Continue on 550 to Durango (where you can do the "4 Corners", and the ancient native cliff dwellings) and then take Rte 160 to Del Norte - great mountain pass road. Also, it should be considered mandatory to ride all through the Rocky Mt. National Park and down into Estes Park. Be very careful riding after dark throughout Colorado - lots of big Mulie deer crossing the roads. In RMNP you're also likely to see some big horn sheep and elk. I've ridden all those roads many times and I'm jealous as hell that I'm not there to ride them again. God's Country for sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts