Picked up the bike about a month ago.

Mods so far....
Sony HU
Rear Lid Speakers
Headlights
2" front drop with Monotubes
21" 60 spoke

Still need to drop the rear an inch.

I'm upgrading the entire house this summer so taking advantage of working on it inside before everything gets torn out :)

When I picked her up.

Today....

·
Registered
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
1,594 Posts
I do like the winter months for mods and maintenance. Looks good thus far.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Noice

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
I'm considering the 2" drop myself. But worried about cornering. I'm sticking with the 19 so unlike you. I don't gain back my ground clearance. May just do 1. But yep. Mods are great in the winter. Adding the CVO rear fender, Hertz SV 165s in my lowers, likely the Progressive monotubes and a 9" Klockworks flare. Already have the 14"

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Reactions: PeteZ06

·
Registered
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
1,594 Posts
I'm considering the 2" drop myself. But worried about cornering. I'm sticking with the 19 so unlike you. I don't gain back my ground clearance. May just do 1. But yep. Mods are great in the winter. Adding the CVO rear fender, Hertz SV 165s in my lowers, likely the Progressive monotubes and a 9" Klockworks flare. Already have the 14"
When I added my Axeos in the front, it dropped the front end 3/4" inch; which I read about prior and expected. What I didn't think through was how that small change will also change the air flow over the front, and my 11" LRS was now pumping the air straight into my forehead. In came the Madstad to save the day. Be prepared as a 2" drop and a 5" shorter windscreen could have you holding onto the bars a little tighter as the wind management will more than likely significantly change to be onto you, the rider.

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
When I added my Axeos in the front, it dropped the front end 3/4" inch; which I read about prior and expected. What I didn't think through was how that small change will also change the air flow over the front, and my 11" LRS was now pumping the air straight into my forehead. In came the Madstad to save the day. Be prepared as a 2" drop and a 5" shorter windscreen could have you holding onto the bars a little tighter as the wind management will more than likely significantly change to be onto you, the rider.
Damn, thanks. I didn't think of that. I'll keep it to 1". But I think I need to get a shorter shield. I think I shrunk. Towards the end of the riding season I noticed I had to stretch to see over it sometimes. That's not how it should be.

Reactions: Zedbra

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
Damn, thanks. I didn't think of that. I'll keep it to 1". But I think I need to get a shorter shield. I think I shrunk. Towards the end of the riding season I noticed I had to stretch to see over it sometimes. That's not how it should be.

Shrinking John, that's an old guy thing 😂😂😂

Ask me how I know 😲😲😲

I had the progressive mono tubes 1" drop on my 2012-great ride and never bottomed out.

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
Shrinking John, that's an old guy thing 😂😂😂

Ask me how I know 😲😲😲

I had the progressive mono tubes 1" drop on my 2012-great ride and never bottomed out.
Ya, getting older sucks. Barely passed my vision test for my DOT card without my glasses on.

I had the Progressive monotubes in my 16. Loved them. Prior to them being installed the bike would wander left. After it was like it was on rails. I was going to get the Legends this time around but I think I will just go with what I know. And have an extra few hundred for the 9" shield. Already have the CVO fender on order and my new Hertz SV 165s will be here Wednesday.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts