1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Link to Original Thread
http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=4817

Here's the final scoop.

A group of So. Cal forum members are meeting this Sunday for a ride. We have 3 meeting areas. Guests are welcome to come.

A group will be leaving from Cooks Corner at 8:30am. We will meet at The Rock Store and leave at approximately 11am and head up PCH to Las Posas Rd. We will top off our gas tanks at the Union 76 Car Wash Center next to the 101 Fwy at Las Posas. Anyone who wants to meet at the 76 should expect us to arrive between 11:30-11:45ish. From there we will head out to Ojai for lunch. Possible lunch stops are The Deer Lodge, Biccoli Vineyards and Bodees. After lunch I will lead a ride through the mountains and back toward Santa Paula. There will be several freeway's along the way for people to pull off and head home. Those heading up from Cooks Corner can follow me all the way to the 405.

Please check in and let us know who's coming and where you plan to meet us. I am not aware of anyone who wants to hook up at the 76 so we will probably only stop long enough for people to top off their tanks.

At this point we do not expect rain. Please check this thread after 7pm Saturday night for any unexpected updates.

Hope to meet a lot of you on Sunday. It should be a fun time for everyone.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I plan on meeting at Cooks if its not raining, right now its showing that it will be raining so I'm checking every day, really want to meet everyone.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I plan on meeting at Cooks if its not raining, right now its showing that it will be raining so I'm checking every day, really want to meet everyone.
We will give an update on this thread Saturday night after 7pm. If it's raining (or just nasty weather), we'll reschedule the ride. We want it to be fun.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Link to Original Thread
http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=4817

Here's the final scoop.

A group of So. Cal forum members are meeting this Sunday for a ride. We have 3 meeting areas. Guests are welcome to come.

A group will be leaving from Cooks Corner at 8:30am. We will meet at The Rock Store and leave at approximately 11am and head up PCH to Las Posas Rd. We will top off our gas tanks at the Union 76 Car Wash Center next to the 101 Fwy at Las Posas. Anyone who wants to meet at the 76 should expect us to arrive between 11:30-11:45ish. From there we will head out to Ojai for lunch. Possible lunch stops are The Deer Lodge, Biccoli Vineyards and Bodees. After lunch I will lead a ride through the mountains and back toward Santa Paula. There will be several freeway's along the way for people to pull off and head home. Those heading up from Cooks Corner can follow me all the way to the 405.

Please check in and let us know who's coming and where you plan to meet us. I am not aware of anyone who wants to hook up at the 76 so we will probably only stop long enough for people to top off their tanks.

At this point we do not expect rain. Please check this thread after 7pm Saturday night for any unexpected updates.

Hope to meet a lot of you on Sunday. It should be a fun time for everyone.

Weather right now is showing good possibility of rain for Sunday, so let's all keep a close watch on the weather and this thread.

G

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yup, still not looking good
Gerald (G) and I plan on talking on Saturday to make a final decision. It may be good to get some input from the group. If it's not raining but it's cold and/or windy, what do you guys want to do? My instincts tell me that it's in our best interest to do this on a nice day. We want a good turnout and the group riding out from Cooks Corner will be riding an extra 3 hours (1.5 hours each way). We'll also be dealing with the debris from the incoming storm. They're expecting up to 3" of rain through Saturday night. Also, it's going to be a bit colder along the coast and in the mountains. What do you guys think????

·
Super Moderator
2,866 Posts
Well, on this forum I just recently watched a bunch of guys biking through snow and I watched a little girl guide a bike through traffic in India that would freak out a taxi driver in Rome. I think I can handle a little wind a chill. Long as rain isn't present I'm all for the ride.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Well we can do it if no rain, really do prefer a nice sunny day, I guess were kind of spoiled here in Cal.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yahoo weather shows SUNNY tomorrow, I'll be there.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yahoo weather shows SUNNY tomorrow, I'll be there.
Everything is looking good so far. The only concern at this point is morning rain for the folks leaving from Cooks Corner. I'm 99.9% positive we're good to go. Check this thread after 7pm tonight for a final update.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
THE RIDE IS ON!!!!

Here's the general plan. Nobody is uptight about it but we thought it would be wise to have a bit of structure since none of us has ever met. Everything is flexible.

Gerald will be leaving from Cooks Corner at 8:30am. If you have any questions you can call or text him at (Removed). He will lead the group to The Rock Store unless someone else would like to lead the ride.

I will lead from the Rock Store. We will leave at 11am and head to the 76 Gas Station/Car Wash on Las Posas Rd. off the 101 Fwy via PCH. This will be a short stop but the folks who rode from Cooks Corner will have the opportunity to fill up. We will also fill up before leaving Ojai. So far, I am not aware of anyone meeting us at th 76. If anyone needs to reach me, my cell phone is (removed). Please call or text with any questions, comments or concerns. I am not available tonight but I am awake by 5am.

The plan is to take the 101 to the to the 150 and go directly into Ojai. We have chosen Biccoli Vinyards to eat. They have good food, fast service and affordable prices. We want to make sure that we all have time to socialize during lunch but also ensure that it's not too late in the afternoon to ride some mountain roads. I'm trying to be considerate of those riding from Orange County and ensure that they don't get home after dark.

When leaving Ojai there are several options. Those who want to head home can take off on their own. It's very easy to get back to the 101. If the group chooses, I will lead us through the mountains into Santa Paula. If we want, we can take the the 126 directly to the 101 and head back home OR we can continue through the mountains on the 23. We will eventually end up at the 118 which leads back to the 405, 5, and 210 freeways. If you need to get to the 101 you will need to take the 118 in the opposite direction of the group. Basically, there's a lot of ways for everyone to get home.

Since we've never ridden as a group, I'll be leading the ride at whatever speed seems appropriate for the group. The goal is to have fun and get to know each other. There are no rules but we want to keep the group safe. Everyone should "ride their own ride" and have fun!

We look forward to seeing as many people as possible. NOW, LET'S GO AND HAVE SOME FUN!!!!

Russ

·
Registered
192 Posts
I forgot it's my weekend with my kids :-/ I can't go. Pleeease take lots of pictures! I know it'll be great! And BDMastiff can start planning the next one ;)
How many kids? Shoot. Just strap 'em on...it can be done! :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts