Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it might make a good thread to post up a notice if you might be out for a ride on the weekend. The intent is a thread others can check back to before each weekend to see who else might be out on the road. Nothing formal or organized, just a shout out notice to others who might be waiving to you on the road.

None of this is intended to be scheduled like an organized ride, just a rough idea of a plan:

Date:

Roads:

Stops:

Happy Trails!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll go first...

None of this is intended to be scheduled like an organized ride, just a rough idea of a plan:

Date: 3/5/11

Roads:

PCH, Ortega Hwy, Santiago Canyon Road (Maybe)

Stops:

Doughnut Derelicts, Adams & Magnolia, Fountain Valley (before 8AM)

Hells Kitchen via. PCH & Ortega Hwy

Planes of Fame Museum, Chino Airport (the lunch-time goal)

Cooks Corner (if we don't get sucked into the Airplane Museum all afternoon).

We may not get to all of these places this weekend, because it's not intended to be organized (so enjoy the fact you were out for a good ride, regardless of who you might have missed).

Happy Trails!

·
Super Moderator
2,871 Posts
Might catch you at Hell's Kitchen. I'm in south county and often run up Ortega for a little ride and a bite for lunch. Cooks is a possibility too. Weather looks promising before monday.

·
Registered
203 Posts
R U guys talking about Sat or Sun? Du, nevermind, I see it, Sat

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I'd love to hook up with you but I work Tues-Sat. I'm up for a Sunday ride the next time you plan something. I do that route a few times a year and it's always a blast.... although I avoid the food at Cooks Corner as I don't like the taste of ptomaine! (yes, I spelled it correctly. Pronounced Toe-Maine). Have fun.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
You've got to be kidding. Their Ptomaine Ala King is some of the best I've ever had.
The food at Hell's Kitchen is good but I'll never again eat the swill they try to pass off as food at Cooks Corner. In fact, they shouldn't be aloud to use the name "Cooks" with such awful food.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3,813 Posts
MDMastiff, thanks for the heads-up on the fine food as in Toe-Maine. I'm from North Cali & I never know when I'm going someplace until I get there. Live to Ride & Ride to Eat. always searching for the best BLOODYMARY Ride Safe.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sunday I will be referring the Pasadena Motorcycle Club's 31st Annual Poker Run. Check in between 7-9am, $10 ride fee, pin for the first 100 riders. Start is at Hendersons Motorsports on Colorado Avenue, in Pasadena.

Over 235 miles of riding that will lead down towards Ortega Hwy, out into the mountains of Hemet, into Palm Desert and ends in Banning.

In traditional fashion it's every rider for him/herself, although there's nothing wrong with a few friends riding together. Just don't expect long lines of staggered formation riding.

If you have a day to kill, come on out and join us, it'd be cool to see a some other sharks out there that can shred in the canyons.

Jerome

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
MDMastiff, thanks for the heads-up on the fine food as in Toe-Maine. I'm from North Cali & I never know when I'm going someplace until I get there. Live to Ride & Ride to Eat. always searching for the best BLOODYMARY Ride Safe.
If you're ever in So Cal let me know. I know some awesome roads and great places to eat.

·
Registered
428 Posts
The Sunset Restaurant
On Zuma beach with banquet facilities. Includes menu, reviews and photographs.
www.thesunsetrestaurant.com/ - Cached - Similar

The Sunset Restaurant & Beach Bar
Place page
6800 Westward Beach Road
Malibu, CA 90065
(310) 589-1007
Bus: Pacific Coast Highway /
Open Tue-Fri 5pm-10pm; Sat 11am-10pm; Sun 11am-9pm

Just for great Bloody Marias ;) good food. Nice ride. We go out on Sundays mainly but maybe we can catch a Saturday ride soon!

*228*reviews
"Drop-dead gorgeous, unspoiled Pacific views & as to be expected, sensational ..." -*zagat.com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts