Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for the past few months I've been listening to pandora and XM phone apps via bluetooth. I want to connect to these apps through the USB connection. All I get in the IPOD which has no music on it.

How is it I can connect via BT but not through the USB?

Yes, I've read the BOOM!tm BOX manual and it's useless.

Need the experts :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Are you using an Apple product that has the new 8 pin connector? And if so, are you using an Apple brand USB cable to make the connection to the bike?

I'm asking cause I had a similar issue with my iPod and iPhone 6 with the Iron Cross iPod dock. Found an article where they talk about how Apple does things differently with the new 8 pin connector.

Long short story, only way I got it to work is to not use a generic connecting cord. Not sure of the difference, but it worked flawlessly with the Apple cord.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you using an Apple product that has the new 8 pin connector? And if so, are you using an Apple brand USB cable to make the connection to the bike?

I'm asking cause I had a similar issue with my iPod and iPhone 6 with the Iron Cross iPod dock. Found an article where they talk about how Apple does things differently with the new 8 pin connector.

Long short story, only way I got it to work is to not use a generic connecting cord. Not sure of the difference, but it worked flawlessly with the Apple cord.
That's a good point. I am using an Apple cord. As soon as I connect the I6 the radio recognizes the device but will only see the ipod. But if I take the same cord and I6 and connect it to the USB connected to my Kenwood inside my vehicle, I can access Pandora and Sirius apps. But you are saying that you can connect and Pandora or sirius works for you?

BT would be the obvious solution. But the quality of the signal is not as good as it is when it's connected via USB. If I have to stick with BT then I might as well stick with the stock set up and forget about after market amp and speakers. Why spend the money on a quality system if the quality of the signal is degraded.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
That's a good point. I am using an Apple cord. As soon as I connect the I6 the radio recognizes the device but will only see the ipod. But if I take the same cord and I6 and connect it to the USB connected to my Kenwood inside my vehicle, I can access Pandora and Sirius apps. But you are saying that you can connect and Pandora or sirius works for you?

BT would be the obvious solution. But the quality of the signal is not as good as it is when it's connected via USB. If I have to stick with BT then I might as well stick with the stock set up and forget about after market amp and speakers. Why spend the money on a quality system if the quality of the signal is degraded.
The sound quality of the Bluetooth has always amazed me...

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not me. When I have the radio set on the local rock station the music is load and clear. When I go BT, the music volume is considerably less and not as crisp.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Odd... I have also found that BT audio from my Android to the Boom radio is actually a little better (fuller) than the USB connection to a USB stick, but that could be the sound processing on the phone, although I have EQ settings set to None on the phone, and set with the same bass and treble on the boom radio for BT and USB.

Having said that, I almost always use the USB stick for music for convenience sake... For me, I'm not overly concerned about music quality while riding with wind and other noise all around me - as long I can hear the song, I'm happy for the most part. I leave quality for our home theater and music room, and am very picky there :cool:.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know the quality isn't there while riding. My frustration is that the USB is limited to charging the battery and accessing IPOD on the I6 and I couldn't access my apps for Pandora and Sirius.

Petty but for the money we've spent on these bikes one would think stuff should work seamlessly

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I know the quality isn't there while riding. My frustration is that the USB is limited to charging the battery and accessing IPOD on the I6 and I couldn't access my apps for Pandora and Sirius.

Petty but for the money we've spent on these bikes one would think stuff should work seamlessly

Have you tried connecting the phone to the usb cable from your head unit and then turning the pandora or xm app on from your phone? Or are you just trying to use the head unit to control it?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
135 Posts

You sir, get it. The bluetooth is what's screwed up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts