Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have seen some things online, and it looks like there is a couple different options you can do to the lower fairings when it comes to adding speakers. harley told me the ones they sell fits 6.5 in speakers and costs 100.00 has anyone else used these or maybe another option i dont mind getting a smaller or bigger speaker i just want a good option that someone has used and can vouche for. is it worth the 100 from harley or should i spend half the money and go aftermarket. lilttle help please. thanks guys.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I got the CVO 6.5 speaker pods from Harley. I think I got them for around $80.00. The aftermarket ones I saw were $100.00. Really have not seen them any cheaper. I used Hawg Wires ZX 6.5s in them and also got the CVO speaker covers from Harley. All fits together perfect and looks great. The after market ones I have seen look like they are exact copys the HD so they would probably be OK but like I said they were more money when I was looking.

·
Administrator
2,681 Posts
+1 on what The Dude says. His system basically cost me a ton of money this winter! (after hearing it on the way to SW2)

I ended up with aftermarket because I got a deal on the lowers w/ pods and they were already painted black.

Just make sure you get the CVO and not the normal Boom pods. The CVO look much better (but they do have to be painted)

I have not mounted mine yet, but I did a test fit and it looks like everything buttons up pretty nicely.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the cvo pods wqy better then boom but is 80 the usual price or are they less somewhere else?

·
Registered
985 Posts
The Booms are for a 5.25 speaker I think and they look kind of cheasy to me. 80 is a cheap as I have seen the CVOs but I have not looked since last winter and I may have gotten a discount at the dealer when I got mine so maybe it is closer to 100. The way dmize has been spending money maybe he will just buy you a set and send them to you. You might check with Fairing Factory and see what they have them for.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the help. 25 is way better then 100 lol!

·
Shark of the Month December 2013
679 Posts
What is the part number to these pods?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it looks good but if im paying for the cones and speakers i will have to go with what i have a deal on. rockford fosgate 6.5in 3ways for 80 OTD. and cones from harley. alot less then 500.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When I buy my speakers it comes with grillls can't I just use those???

·
Registered
740 Posts
Without the HD (High Dollar) logo? Blasphemy!!! I used my pioneer plain grills in my lowers and carisma audio grills in the fairing. Pioneer speakers kick ass and are less than $75 a pair. 2 ways. Good bass from the lowers in the stopped position. Lots of Mid Range on the road and plenty of volume.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i dont like the pioneers. i was thinking of going with some infinitys but i have all RF right now amp and two speakers so i thought just keep it the same for the next two...and i used to be all about the HD logo but when my first RG got stolen and the insurance didnt replace it with everything i had so now i dont have a boom sound sytem. or a SE windshiled or hd heated grips. everything aftermarket lol not Hundred of Dollars

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i dont like the pioneers. i was thinking of going with some infinitys but i have all RF right now amp and two speakers so i thought just keep it the same for the next two...and i used to be all about the HD logo but when my first RG got stolen and the insurance didnt replace it with everything i had so now i dont have a boom sound sytem. or a SE windshiled or hd heated grips. everything aftermarket lol not Hundred of Dollars

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
Of you get this model pioneer or the newer model you won't be disappointed.
Thats what i used in my RK lowers. I'm using infinity kappas in my RG only because of the increased power and I'm running a 2 ohms system., pioneers are 4 ohms.

ImageUploadedByMO Free1356029320.582450.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
233 Posts
When I buy my speakers it comes with grillls can't I just use those???
Alot of the aftermarket speaker grills want fit in the cvo pods because it has a recessed hole. The Harley covers fit the recess.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts