Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..for a good deal. Hope it works out. Any experts here?

Can I take this little box to a dealer, tell them my mods, and have them pre-program it for my bike? Or do I have install it, then take the whole bike to the dealership for a "download"?

I talking simple Stage-1 type stuff here....

·
878 Posts
You might have a problem. The tuner "marries" to the first ECM it encounters permanantly. If what I understand about mine is correct, it is useless to you if it has been "used".

I love mine, and hate to be the messenger on this...but you might wanna do some checking.

Maybe others here on the forum have some other information...and I hope more positive than mine. I do know there are several "incarnations" of the thing out there...

·
Super Moderator
5,856 Posts
Ive always heard thats a marriage that has no divorce. Hope ya didnt pay too much for it or possibly get your money back.
I could be wrong but I dont think you can use a used one.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
if it was used on another bike it marries to that bikes ecm. If it has not been actually used on another bike you can do everything yourself as far as the stage 1 downloads.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was an eBay impulse buy. Part number 32109-08A. Guess I should have done some research first. Live and learn. Glad I didn't pay too much.

·
Super Moderator
5,856 Posts
Scooter, it may not be a lost cause, especially if you paid thru paypal. Contact the seller and explain. It actually could be that he didnt realize it could be used either. Paypal has some policies about returns as well that may can help you out.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Tracy. I did use PayPal. I emailed the seller, but his response dismissed me like I was supposed to do my research before buying. Maybe I should have known better, but maybe he shouldn't sell worthless stuff.

Ugh...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks Tracy. I did use PayPal. I emailed the seller, but his response dismissed me like I was supposed to do my research before buying. Maybe I should have known better, but maybe he shouldn't sell worthless stuff.

Ugh...
If that's the case, then it is evident that he knew that part was useless when he sold it, which makes it a fraudulent transaction. He wants to talk to you like you're a moron, then fuck him. You bring it up with paypal or your credit card company and they'll get it done.

Fuck him. I'd argue it over $20. :mad:

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
If that's the case, then it is evident that he knew that part was useless when he sold it, which makes it a fraudulent transaction. He wants to talk to you like you're a moron, then fuck him. You bring it up with paypal or your credit card company and they'll get it done.

Fuck him. I'd argue it over $20. :mad:
Well said... Give em hell ScooterDog... Sounds to me like he knew when it wasn't gonna work for ya when he sold it to you.

Rowdy

·
878 Posts
ScooterDog...I went and did some research to see if the younger generation had done some hacking that would work in your favor. Trust me I was at the web sites that would have it done already, or have the people that could do it...don't ask how I know...

Sorry man there is no cigar in this one. Go for the paypal credit card option.

If you do end up with the thing and see a no-joy resolution...I have asked one of the best hacks I know to take a look. Sent him mine to look at. I of course don't support that kinda thing...but in a case like your's...

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ScooterDog...I went and did some research to see if the younger generation had done some hacking that would work in your favor. Trust me I was at the web sites that would have it done already, or have the people that could do it...don't ask how I know...

Sorry man there is no cigar in this one. Go for the paypal credit card option.

If you do end up with the thing and see a no-joy resolution...I have asked one of the best hacks I know to take a look. Sent him mine to look at. I of course don't support that kinda thing...but in a case like your's...
Thanks! A little hope is better than none. I've opened a case with eBay/Paypal. The seller is fighting it. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
can you post a link to his auction?

if he didn't mention anything in the auction about it not being able to be used on another bike, or worse, if he inferred that it could, then i think he would be on the losing end of this appeal.

edit: think i found it, 270752133565

if that is the one, he has no info in his auction other than 'sold as is - used on a 2009 night train, research to see if it can be used on other models'

however your paypal thing goes, i think i would be leaving him some negative feedback. good luck.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Would the manufacturer be able to assist? They might even offer you a discount on a new one if you explain your situation, couldn't hurt to try if your complaint with Paypal falls through.
Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 28 Posts