Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What else would I need to utilize them properly?

I have true duals, Roiland Sands air cleaner, a fuel processor that honestly right now I forget the brand. But are there other things I need to consider to get the most out of the new cams, or just install and go?

Thanks,
Wade

·
Registered
491 Posts
Definitely get a tune so that you get the most out of it.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
491 Posts
Since your doing cams you'll definitely need some sort of tuner to get the full potential of the work you're having done. If you're having a shop do the work then I would get what they're accustomed to working with. I have the Direct Link on my Dyna and will be using it again for Ultra when I get my work done this spring. It's not a piggyback tuner which is what I like about it.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Along with the tuner and dyno tune already mentioned you'll need adjustable pushrods and new lifters wouldn't hurt (you may have already figured that in but it wasn't mentioned).

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
If you are pretty handy with tools, you won't need adjustable pushrods. With the new Rushmore bikes the tank comes off so quick and just pop off the rocker boxes, remove the rockers, etc. Watch the video on youtube and do it just like it does. Rather easy now. Also you will need to change out the cam bearings in the rear of the cam box with Timkins/torrington bearings for sure, much better bearings. I never change out my seals on any of this. Harley seals are good and if you are careful, they are not needed. If you are not doing headwork, there are several good bolt in cams that make good power. As everyone knows , the Andrews 57H is my favorite. I talked with Gary Andrews at length about this cam last year and he really explained why this cam works so well. It pulls to 5500 and yet the torque curve goes over 100 in 2600 area so it is perfect for two up touring but also one up is really fun to ride. I have the D&D Fatcat and the cam loves that pipe but they work we other free flowing pipes too. Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts