Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm curious as to what 103 motors are worth nowadays with relatively low miles. I've looked around online and seen what people have been asking but wondering what they have sold for if anyone here has sold their motor recently.

Thanks
FM

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
WIth the 120R being so affordable it knocked the bottom out of the price of the 103's. Pre 07' twinkies are actually bring more money then the newer ones because of it.
Now to answear your question, I've seen low mile 96"s and 103" go for as little as $1500.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WIth the 120R being so affordable it knocked the bottom out of the price of the 103's. Pre 07' twinkies are actually bring more money then the newer ones because of it.
Now to answear your question, I've seen low mile 96"s and 103" go for as little as $1500.
Damn ok, thanks, I thought that might be the case but just wanted to make sure. This will play into my future build. Need to decide whether to get a whole new motor or have something built up of off mine.

FM

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
What is the difference between the 'A' and 'B' motors? I thought the 'B' motors were the ones counter-balanced used in the softtail. But, my thinker hass been wrong a time or two.:confused:

·
Registered
110 Posts
The is one on ChoppedBaggers.com from a 2012 with under 2k on it. he wants 1500 for it

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
What is the difference between the 'A' and 'B' motors? I thought the 'B' motors were the ones counter-balanced used in the softtail. But, my thinker hass been wrong a time or two.:confused:
The B motor is in the soft tail HD they or ridged mount motors and before they came out with them you carried a full set of tools and lots of lock tight if you owned one they called soft tails paint shakers and they were

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The B motor is in the soft tail HD they or ridged mount motors and before they came out with them you carried a full set of tools and lots of lock tight if you owned one they called soft tails paint shakers and they were
Well glad they got them squared away, lol.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
No prob young geezer.I wasn't trying to be a bitch just thought you had got your hands on one cheap and was trying to make some mod $ and if I was riding a B I was going to be pissed had one that was enough! You look into beefing yours up.I am happy with my cam,header Boss and I are not tiny and we scoot down the highway pretty good.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No prob young geezer.I wasn't trying to be a bitch just thought you had got your hands on one cheap and was trying to make some mod $ and if I was riding a B I was going to be pissed had one that was enough! You look into beefing yours up.I am happy with my cam,header Boss and I are not tiny and we scoot down the highway pretty good.
It's all good, I wouldn't want to be spreading incorrect info, lol.

Yeah looking into beefing mine up. My boss said no sport bike so beefing up the twin cam. I just know myself, and if I don't go big from the get go will just en up costing more in the long run......

:D

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
It's all good, I wouldn't want to be spreading incorrect info, lol.

Yeah looking into beefing mine up. My boss said no sport bike so beefing up the twin cam. I just know myself, and if I don't go big from the get go will just en up costing more in the long run......

:D
Speading incorrect info on this forum is like bringing a std home to the wife most won't forgive you LOL:D:eek:

·
Registered
664 Posts
funny I have a friend in Kansas that I blame my Harley problem on also. I guess it just makes us feel better to have a fall guy. I guess I will be yours.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
funny I have a friend in Kansas that I blame my Harley problem on also. I guess it just makes us feel better to have a fall guy. I guess I will be yours.
I was all happy minding my own business looking into just bolt in cams, lol.

Glad that monster is running good man, can't wait to see the final dyno numbers.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts