Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the stock ones are coming off. was looking at the Kuryakyn Premium ISO-Grips and also saw avon has a set of grips for like 48.00 dollars.
not needing heated grips.

any for or against comments for either?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Had the Avon's for awhile and would do them again without hesitation.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Harley Magnum Grips. Didn't mind the stock grips, but the Magnums are a fuller shape and you don't feel the metal ends after they've sat in the sun. Still grippy in the rain too.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Had the ISOs on my 06 EG and loved them. Went with the Avons for the RG because of looks and desire to try something new. Wish I would have stayed with ISOs. I find my hands getting a little sore and numb with the Avons on long rides. I like them, just liked the ISOs better.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I've had a set of ISO grips on previous bikes and liked them.
I put on a set of stock CVO take-offs and really like them compared to stock.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Grips are like bars and pipes, everyone has different things that they are looking for. Had the HD Get A Grips and liked them but I have a preference for smaller diameter grips. Got a set of Avons with the built in wrist supports and these are by far my favorite grips I have ever had (including the ISOs)

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
I have the HD "get-a-grip" in large. Checkered rubber has great "grip" even with gloves or sweaty palms so they are easy to hold onto without having to squeeze them. You can relax your grip and still hold on easily.

·
Registered
7,215 Posts
Check the Arlen Ness Deep Cut Comfort grips. Had the ISO's on all my bikes and loved them. These are definitely on par with those...plus I think they look better.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
+1.. i cant comment on the iso grips but i put a set of the ness deep cut comfort grips on a few months ago and i love them. I think they look better than the others too

·
Registered
588 Posts
Avons on my bike, and I previously had ISO on my last two bikes. You cant go wrong with either, but I personally like the Avons better. Much more squishy and comfy!

Only thing better would be if they made grips that feel like boobies.... that would be really comfy!

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
I recently put the Avon Air Cushion grips on. They are real comfortable at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok so i ordered the avons for 48.00 bucks and free shipping.
will try them for awhile and if i like them great, if not i will spring for the iso.
went to niagra falls over the holiday. 9 hours each way. its time for change.
i should have them by thursday and we are heading to west virginia this coming weekend which is 300 miles one way and about 5 hours so that will be a good test.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts