Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey to all, I know I am going to do it...a cam to my 2013 RGU 103....So many have gone before me. Let's say you have stock mufflers (no cat/degutted) K&N filter, efi module (fuelmoto) and a torque cam..TW222, SE203/4, Andrews26..something along that line.....

But what is your mileage after cam change???? I do long rides, looking for the low end power but do not need it at the loss of mpg's..... anyone done this??? thanks, CSM-H

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
103, Ventilator, 2:1 Rush reaper, SE 255 cams, 38 - 44 mpg before and after.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tw222

rgbikeman, that's the answer I was looking for.....I am going to wait until my warrenty is out (well I am going to try) and then go up to FuelMoto and let them install a TW222, and a Micro controller. thanks for the response. CSM-H

12 RGU, TW-222, SE Ventilator, Fuel Moto X pipe, 103, SERTP, 4" Rineharts, 48-50 mpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
rgbikeman, that's the answer I was looking for.....I am going to wait until my warrenty is out (well I am going to try) and then go up to FuelMoto and let them install a TW222, and a Micro controller. thanks for the response. CSM-H
Love the combination. Good low end, pulls to redline. Not the hottest, but works great for two up and pulling trailer. Mileage drops 5 mpg with the trailer.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
96" 43 before 35 after. S&S 510

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Torque cams before and after MPG... wow!!

Call me crazy but some of these cams must offer a heck of a ride for a 4-6-10 mpg DROP in mileage.... I for one am not seeing it (the benefit).....so far the TW222 is the cam I have been looking at...hope those mpg figures are true... :) CSM-H

W

·
0 Posts
With my Andrews 54H (555 lift) I always get in the 40's. 46 or so on the interstate if I keep the speed reasonable. Haven't been able to check it since it was dyno tuned over a week ago.

·
Registered
400 Posts
TMan 555TQ, Dragula 2:1, Max-flow breather, TMax tuner. Solo ride: under 70 MPH = 45MPG, 80MPH = 40MPG. Two up: 42/38MPG. Plenty of low end and pulls like a train from 2500RPM through redline.

Not sure why you are waiting for warranty to expire? I had the dealer install my cams. And they love them too, even though they push SE cams! Good luck.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
prolly oughta get 2 cams...not going to run right with just one :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Torque Cam(s)

danglide, yep yur right one just won't work..... I am self imposing the warrenty period, as the last time (06 FLHT) I went through two cams, diffeerent muffler, fuel management systems...etc. Trying to be more eficient this time and do it right the first time.... thanks for the great responses.... CSM-H

prolly oughta get 2 cams...not going to run right with just one :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts