Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all you guys and gals who live in SoCal.

You may have seen another thread where some of us started talking about getting a ride together where we can meet each other. If you didn't see it, don't worry, I'm wrapping it all up together here and we'll start seeing what will work.

There have been numerous suggestions like having a monthly ride, different places to meet, rides to take, etc., but we have to get the ball rolling with something concrete. So, BDMastiff and I have been talking and want to toss this plan out to see if it will work.

•Our FIRST Meet-Up will be on Sunday, February 20 at 10:30a.m.

•Our meeting point will be The Rock Store. You can just meet us there or come with a group.

•We will have groups that ride together from various locations to The Rock Store Meet-Up. I’ll organize a group to start from Cook’s Corner and other groups can start from anywhere that someone will organize a group.

•We’ll all schedule our groups to leave at the appropriate time to be at The Rock Store by 10:30a.m.

•At The Rock Store we will grab a cup of coffee, hit the restroom, and do brief introductions.

•We’ll leave The Rock Store around 11:00-11:15a.m. and BDMastiff will lead the ride.

•We’ll make a gas stop at Las Posas off the 101 Freeway. (You can meet us there if that’s better for you than coming to The Rock Store.)

•We will continue the ride to Ojai where we’ll stop for lunch.

•During lunch we will talk about future rides, meet-ups, locations, people who’ll take the lead on organizing, etc.

•After lunch BDMastiff will lead us on a great route he knows through the mountains, taking us to a point where everyone can split off and head home.

If you’re IN here’s what you’ll need to do.

1.Reply letting us know you’re in.

2.If you’re from the OC and want to leave with me from Cook’s Corner at 8:30a.m., let me know that.

3.If you’re willing to organize a group to start in your area, post where your starting point will be and what time you’ll be leaving so people can let you know they want to be part of your group that will ride to the Meet-Up at The Rock Store at 10:30.

Yes, of course you can do all or part of this Meet-Up and ride…whatever works for you!

Really looking forward to this,

G

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Thanks for taking the reigns on this! I'm definitely in. I can lead to the Rock Store from Bartels' HD if anyone wants to meet up. Please let me know or else I'll just go straight to The Rock Store from home.

Since I'm leading the ride and this is our first venture as a group, it will be geared towards all riders. Don't be shy. Back in the day I was a Road Captain for a HOG chapter so I know how to lead a group. I once lead 72 bikes from Los Angeles to Death Valley.

·
Registered
203 Posts
"G" can you please post the location of the "Rock Store" .

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'll meet at Cooks but was thinking others might want the location of the Rock Store incase they are going straight there or get separated from the group. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,890 Posts
Rock Store it is. And a ride to Ojai. Excellent first choice! I'll meet up with the Cook's group (and not park on the corner) ;) Looking forward to meeting the others from the area.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Two things:

1. Here's the address and a link to The Rock Store.
http://www.rock-store.com/
30354 Mulholland Highway (between Malibu Canyon/Las Virgenes Road and Kanan Road)
Cornell, California 91301

2. If you have a friend you want to invite who's not of the RG Forum, please feel free to do so. I guess you can even invite them if they don't have a RG :) BUT there's a good chance they might get jealous when they see all of us.....;);)

G

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
2. If you have a friend you want to invite who's not of the RG Forum, please feel free to do so. I guess you can even invite them if they don't have a RG :) BUT there's a good chance they might get jealous when they see all of us.....;);)
I'll be inviting my friends from RB Racing and TTS. They all ride Road Glides.

·
Super Moderator
5,879 Posts
While Im sitting here watching it snow, I have but one request...please take plenty of pics of you guys having fun in the sun on your RGs!

·
Super Moderator
2,890 Posts
This should be a fun thing to shoot with my new toy video cam. Will try to get some action looking ahead and looking back.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
While Im sitting here watching it snow, I have but one request...please take plenty of pics of you guys having fun in the sun on your RGs!
Anything we can do to help you survive the winter Tracy!

·
Registered
98 Posts
The weather report says clear and cool for Sunday, with Monday a holiday. All good for a ride. A buddy with a Road King and I plan to make the Rock Store and see how it goes.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I'm reposting this from another thread just in case someone didn't see it and wants to come.

THE RIDE IS ON!!!!

Here's the general plan. Nobody is uptight about it but we thought it would be wise to have a bit of structure since none of us has ever met. Everything is flexible.

Gerald will be leaving from Cooks Corner at 8:30am. If you have any questions you can call or text him at (removed). He will lead the group to The Rock Store unless someone else would like to lead the ride.

I will lead from the Rock Store. We will leave at 11am and head to the 76 Gas Station/Car Wash on Las Posas Rd. off the 101 Fwy via PCH. This will be a short stop but the folks who rode from Cooks Corner will have the opportunity to fill up. We will also fill up before leaving Ojai. So far, I am not aware of anyone meeting us at th 76. If anyone needs to reach me, my cell phone is (removed). Please call or text with any questions, comments or concerns. I am not available tonight but I am awake by 5am.

The plan is to take the 101 to the to the 150 and go directly into Ojai. We have chosen Biccoli Vinyards to eat. They have good food, fast service and affordable prices. We want to make sure that we all have time to socialize during lunch but also ensure that it's not too late in the afternoon to ride some mountain roads. I'm trying to be considerate of those riding from Orange County and ensure that they don't get home after dark.

When leaving Ojai there are several options. Those who want to head home can take off on their own. It's very easy to get back to the 101. If the group chooses, I will lead us through the mountains into Santa Paula. If we want, we can take the the 126 directly to the 101 and head back home OR we can continue through the mountains on the 23. We will eventually end up at the 118 which leads back to the 405, 5, and 210 freeways. If you need to get to the 101 you will need to take the 118 in the opposite direction of the group. Basically, there's a lot of ways for everyone to get home.

Since we've never ridden as a group, I'll be leading the ride at whatever speed seems appropriate for the group. The goal is to have fun and get to know each other. There are no rules but we want to keep the group safe. Everyone should "ride their own ride" and have fun!

We look forward to seeing as many people as possible. NOW, LET'S GO AND HAVE SOME FUN!!!!

Russ

1 - 18 of 18 Posts