Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys.. I'm running a dealer installed Boom Audio 300w amp with stage one 6 1/2" speakers on my 2015 RGS. I have just added two more stage one speakers to the lower fairings. The lower fairing speakers I have just added do not produce sound yet, which I assume is because the amp needs to be flashed to the now four speaker configuration. The instructions that came with the new speakers also talk about having the dealer apply the "specially developed sound equalization software". What is this software they're talking about? Is this different from the "flash" that is also mentioned? I know the flash is necessary, but is this special software also required? Lastly, is it normal not to hear any sound out of these new speakers until these other processes are completed?

I'm trying to educate myself a little before going to the dealer for download service. Seems that when I go in there totally blind and stupid I usually walk out with a much lighter wallet. Many thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Lower Fairing Speakers

The thread originator probably solved this already but I will post for benefit of others. I recently added lower fairing and boom speaker kit NO Amplifier... besides running into the usual poor documentation regarding bezels that were not in the fairing and speaker kits I also found same issue regarding inability to send sound through the new speakers as the radio is only configured for two speakers. A Harley dealer must flash the radio to enable the feature plus ... 1/2 hr labor = $45 = an added front rear fader feature in firmware, which in my case is an upper lower control... absolute Bullshit. Labor was really 5 minutes to plug in a USB stick and kick off the executable. You also get the "enhanced EQ control" for the same charge.. Whats enhanced I do not know as it appears to be the same bass/treble sliders. Harley has learned to turn firmware features into $$$.
The speakers do compliment the upper fairing speakers by adding more bass and a wall of sound. I haven't upgraded my exhaust yet but I dont think hearing the radio will be an issue. Definitely recommend the hook up but understand the FULL cost $600 lower fairing + $220 Speaker kit + $279 lower speaker box + $45 radio flash. HD has updated their sold separately list for the speaker boxes just after I called false advertising. They do not mention need to flash.

·
Registered
137 Posts
The thread originator probably solved this already but I will post for benefit of others. I recently added lower fairing and boom speaker kit NO Amplifier... besides running into the usual poor documentation regarding bezels that were not in the fairing and speaker kits I also found same issue regarding inability to send sound through the new speakers as the radio is only configured for two speakers. A Harley dealer must flash the radio to enable the feature plus ... 1/2 hr labor = $45 = an added front rear fader feature in firmware, which in my case is an upper lower control... absolute Bullshit. Labor was really 5 minutes to plug in a USB stick and kick off the executable. You also get the "enhanced EQ control" for the same charge.. Whats enhanced I do not know as it appears to be the same bass/treble sliders. Harley has learned to turn firmware features into $$$.
The speakers do compliment the upper fairing speakers by adding more bass and a wall of sound. I haven't upgraded my exhaust yet but I dont think hearing the radio will be an issue. Definitely recommend the hook up but understand the FULL cost $600 lower fairing + $220 Speaker kit + $279 lower speaker box + $45 radio flash. HD has updated their sold separately list for the speaker boxes just after I called false advertising. They do not mention need to flash.
$45.00 or so for the flash! That sucks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts