Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will have the Screaming Eagle hydrolic cam tensioner plate installed in my 2006 next week. Should I stick with solid pushrods or have adjustable pushrods installed? Does anyone with a pre-2007 FLT have experience with the hydrolic cam tensioner plate and push rod conversion?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No. The cam plate does not come with adjustable push rods. It does come with the new oil pump, tensioners, and a chain. I have also purchased the cam kit which includes bearings and gaskets, a shim kit and a drive gear retention kit.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am kind of interested in finding out if the original owner installed adjustable push rods when the 95" big bore kit was installed. Is it easy to move the push rod tubes to check the push rods?

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Id get adjustable so if you go to swap out cams you don't have to remove the heads. But, if you would rather save the $100 then do the extra labor.

It seems that price wise it would be pretty close to the same either way as it will cost more labor to remove the heads than to cut out stock push rods and put in adjustable. Doing it myself adjustables for sure.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I will have the Screaming Eagle hydrolic cam tensioner plate installed in my 2006 next week. Should I stick with solid pushrods or have adjustable pushrods installed? Does anyone with a pre-2007 FLT have experience with the hydrolic cam tensioner plate and push rod conversion?
I did the screaming eagle cam plate with hyd tenisoners,plus upgraded oil pump on my 01 RG,was very straight forward conversion,i would run the adj push rods,if at any time you want to do a cam swap it makes it a little simpler to do.IMO,had better oil pressure at idle while hot after doing the conversion.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great advice. I was reading on one of the other forums that some folks had probs with the adjustables; the lock nuts vibrating loose or even breaking in half. Have you adjustable p.r. been reliable?

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
Great advice. I was reading on one of the other forums that some folks had probs with the adjustables; the lock nuts vibrating loose or even breaking in half. Have you adjustable p.r. been reliable?
Never had a problem with that myself. I use a little dab of red locktite paste on the threads.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Find the utube recently posted ???????? , easychezzy to do

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
The reason we use and adjustable pushrod here, is to properly load the lifter, in order to keep the engine quiet at full operating temps.
S&S pushrods are the ONLY ones we stock, and we load the lifter to .140"-.150".
Scott

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I guess adjustable push rods are in then. Thanks for your advisement.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts