Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running a truly solo seat without the passenger pillion, if so what do you do with the hole for the thumb screw in the middle of the rear fender. Leave the hole, Just let the thumb screw in place in the middle of the fender?

Pictures please

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Is anyone running a truly solo seat without the passenger pillion, if so what do you do with the hole for the thumb screw in the middle of the rear fender. Leave the hole, Just let the thumb screw in place in the middle of the fender?

Pictures please

Thanks
I just leave the thumb screw in.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pwtrp

·
Registered
247 Posts
I am using a Harley Davidson Signature Solo with built in backrest. I then have a Mustang Fender Bib the takes care of the space where the pillion lived and the bolt/screw holds the bib down. My bike is at the dealer or I'd take a photo.
Bill

Reactions: Pwtrp

·
Registered
7 Posts
HD makes a trim cap screw that I’m using. The parts guys were having a hard time remembering the part number and one of the guys told the guy that was helping me to look at the parts on a 2000 Heritage Springer. That worked. They found it that way and we ordered it with the seat. Looks fine

·
Registered
745 Posts
The chrome plug is attached to the underside of the solo seat from the factory. When you take the passenger pillion off, remove the solo and look on the bottom side. The little chrome piece is there. Remove it and stick it in the hole...I can attach pics if needed.

·
Registered
745 Posts
The chrome plug is attached to the underside of the solo seat from the factory. When you take the passenger pillion off, remove the solo and look on the bottom side. The little chrome piece is there. Remove it and stick it in the hole...I can attach pics if needed.
My mistake, I went out and checked. The chrome thing is attached to the bottom of the passenger pillion.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just left the screw hole alone. I noticed when I put the thumb screw back in it rattles. I was thinking about putting the HD plastic pug in the hole (same one that comes from the factory on bikes sold with solo seats) but then I realized it would be a pain to put that screw back in when the wife wants to go for a ride.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
I just left the screw hole alone. I noticed when I put the thumb screw back in it rattles. I was thinking about putting the HD plastic pug in the hole (same one that comes from the factory on bikes sold with solo seats) but then I realized it would be a pain to put that screw back in when the wife wants to go for a ride.
nah, it really isn't.

what i do is run a coat hangar down through the hole and out the side. put the nut on it and bend the end. pull it up through the hole, put the plastic clip on it, unbend the coat hangar and pull it out. takes about 2 minutes total.

and, i use the black plastic bar and shield plug too. don't lose it, it's an expensive little booger...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts