Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Ive looked over the site for info pertaining to solo seats and I have a few questions....

Im looking for a solo seat that isnt 3 feet high and has a longer and wider measurement than the stock seat.
Basically looking for a low profile seat that is longer and wider than stock. I need more room.
Ive used Corbin in the past on other bikes but cant spend 6 bills right now.
Ive looked at the Mustang Wide Tripper solo on ebay and the Saddleman Dominator.

Any feedback on these and are there some other choices I might want to look at for what Im looking for?
Danny Gray bigist?

Thanks guys

·
Administrator
12,480 Posts
I have a Mustang that I'm completely happy with, I also like that I can put the passenger pilot on if I should need it.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Don't buy the Saddleman Dominator. It sits you up. It sucks. It's a hard seat too. That gel is like a rock. I just sold mine.

I'm getting the CVO solo seat. Sits ya down and back a bit. And from what everyone says. It's comfortable. My buddy just bought a 12 CVO RG. He has a Mustang Solo from his other bike he kept. He's selling the Mustang because he likes the CVO solo better.

I had a Mustang Vintage wide solo on my SG. Good for about an hour and I had to get off. My ass hurt.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I went with LePera, it took some getting used too (my ass hurt the first few log rides) but now I love the feel.... and the look.. we'll the picture says it all.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hey guys,
Ive looked over the site for info pertaining to solo seats and I have a few questions....

Im looking for a solo seat that isnt 3 feet high and has a longer and wider measurement than the stock seat.
Basically looking for a low profile seat that is longer and wider than stock. I need more room.
Ive used Corbin in the past on other bikes but cant spend 6 bills right now.
Ive looked at the Mustang Wide Tripper solo on ebay and the Saddleman Dominator.

Any feedback on these and are there some other choices I might want to look at for what Im looking for?
Danny Gray bigist?

Thanks guys
C&C Motorcycle Seats

Wide Solo, 1 in lower and 1 to 1 1/2 back. Great construction and large selection of materials and colors.

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
I went with a Drag Specialties solo seat and couldn't be happier.

Sits me down 1-1/2" & 1" back.

Good Luck In Your Search.

Swomack

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
instead of limiting your options why don't you wait until you have the funds your perfect seat
Nothing says I can't have more than 1 seat.
Its more about buying a 600 dollar plus seat sight unseen.
Plus, Im not crazy about the looks of their solo seats.
I mentioned them because even though Corbin makes a hard seat I found them comfortable. Did a 15 hour day on one with my r1200rt.
It was more of a reference for others to advise me, but point well taken. I may get a Corbin at some point.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went with a Drag Specialties solo seat and couldn't be happier.

Sits me down 1-1/2" & 1" back.

Good Luck In Your Search.

Swomack
Im liking the Drag Specialties. Looks good on your bike, has optional backrest and passenger pad.
Its also priced very right.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
The dominator is probably not for you. I found it very comfortable but it does sit you up. You feel like you are on top of it. Danny Gray is a good seat for around town but its not a 500 mile seat. I actually have the air hawk version with short backrest and passenger pillion that I would sell. It is a little more comfortable than the regular big seat but still not great for the long haul.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I have a danny gray Bigist solo with air bladder I will sell for $225 shipped. One hour of seat time on it. I have it on letgo now.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have Lepera now and had Corbin previously both seats were head and shoulders above HD seats. HD seats use an open cell foam which breaks down faster, my Corbin had 45K miles on it and it still rode great...and is on a friends bike now putting on more mileage.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
I have a Corbin and love it. If I were on a budget and doing it again I would look at the HD CVO saddle. It gets good reviews on here, looks good and is affordable.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I just got a Mustang Wide Tripper the other day. I mounted it up, but 24 degrees is still pushing my limit, so I have no seat time yet. Looks good though. I got a touring seat for long rides. It does sit me down about an inch, and it does sit me back maybe an inch, but I will know more after the first ride.

upload an image

image posting

1 - 20 of 23 Posts