Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to purchase a solo seat for my bike. I am looking at the Danny Gray Airhawk big seat solo. I was wondering if anyone has this seat and if so, do you like it and is it worth it? I am possibly going to take a trip to Phoenix next year from the Seattle area and want a good quality and comfortable seat for the ride. The stock seat will not cut it for me. Thanks in advance. Ride safe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I love my Airhawk R seat pad. I rode for 12 hours one day and could have kept going. That was the Airhawk on top of a stock 2017 seat. I just want a solo seat that doesn't need a pad. I thought about the DG seat as well because of the integrated airhawk pad but I heard some negative things. Like it doesn't fit the bike well and it's doesn't have a lot of padding. Hopefully some people that own them will speak up. I'm really eyeing a Corbin Classic Solo heated seat. That seat puts you down 1" and back 1". Perfect my my 6'1" 34" inseam frame. If you aren't as tall they have the Classic Close Solo Seat. That moves you a few inches forward. Spending this kind of money on a seat without trying it is rough. It's like buying boots online. I might wait until Daytona Bike Week and try a bunch of different seats.

·
Registered
721 Posts
It looks really nice that seat (I just looked up in the website) Welcome to Danny Gray Custom Motorcycle Seats

I use the HD Low Profile Solo Seat and I love it. I am 6.3 and 220 pounds. I can ride for hours, feeling very comfortable.

Probably the airhawk is higher quality, not sure about it.

I would recommend mine to safe some money, but the airhawk might take more care of you.

Oscar

http://www.roadglide.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=332906&d=1508694719
http://www.roadglide.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=332922&d=1508694748

·
Registered
954 Posts
I have one I will sell you. Comes with passenger pad and the short riders backrest. Passenger pad is brand new, never been sat on. Rider seat is in good shape. Has normal wear. Honestly I would say these are good seats but not great seats. I have done a couple of 900 mile days on it and I very much prefer my Corbin for the long days. Send me a PM if you are interested.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
One of the best looking seats on the market but they are not very comfortable.

Your stock seat will be better as far as comfort

I had the Weekender 2-Up seat and it was stiff and never got any better after putting a few thousand miles on it.

I ended up selling it.

I purchased a Drag Specialties solo seat and I have been very happy with it.

Short rides or long rides, it's all good.

Corbin make a great solo seat as well.

Good Luck

Swomack

·
Registered
8 Posts
Seats are different for each person. i have an airhawk 2 up and it is great for me. on stock seat I could only ride for one tank of gas then I had extreme pain. With the airhawk I can ride all day no problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts