Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was finally able to stretch my legs for a longer ride. I went about 600 miles in two days, its not a lot but i have a 1,200 mile trip planned for next month and trying to work out the kinks.

I noticed that my seat gives me extreme discomfort after about 60 miles non-stop. I currently have the HD Hammock seat with rider backrest. I believe the stitching were the "hammock" part of the seat is sewed in is what is causing this. I try to move around a little in the seat but nothing works, I just have to try to block it out as I ride.

Has anyone had any similar pains or issues with the HD Hammock seat?
I've started looking at the airhawk pad, and also maybe a new seat if I can sell this one. This all comes up just as I was about to pull the trigger on a new bars too, but have to resolve this issue first.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I suggest an air hawk. Just over 100 bucks on Amazon. They have knock-offs, too. Looks like same quality. I bought one a month ago because I did not want to invest in another seat. So far, the Air Hawk has been very good. It takes a while to find the sweet spot with just the right amount of air (you don't need much).
You also sit a bit higher on the seat. OK for me because I'm 6'4". I would buy one again if I had to. Did 160 miles yesterday with no butt burn.
Good luck~

Screamin'

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
The Air Hawk does help, but I'd start off checking your suspension settings or air pressure. I had the same problem and went with aftermarket suspension. A lot of money, but well worth it. I recently rode to Shark Week VII and never used the Air Hawk. the suspension made an incredible amount of difference in comfort and handling.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Beadsl

For 12:00$ at your auto parts store and try them. The ones the taxi drivers use. Try them if you like them order the ones online for your seat. Use the others for your car or truck.
3000 miles in 3 1/2 days. Proven!

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I just did 4600+ miles on my hammock, got home Sunday - my first long ride on it. The seat sits much better for me than I expected & never had to use my air pad - I think it's called the Zeppelin that HD sells. But my lower back bothered me a good bit. I think the little curved padding that comes up from the lower seating surface pushes my tailbone forward enough to mess up my posture just a bit. Sometimes I could avoid the pain developing & sometimes not.

Seats for long riding seem to really vary by person to me. The air pads are great to avoid the "burn". Good luck in finding a solution that works for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts