Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Looks great man.

So because I know you're brutally honest and have had a ton of bikes... how you liking it after having it for awhile?

I ride two up mostly these days. Big long trips. If I could score an Ultra Limited Batwing or a RGS with a proper windshild for the same price, which would offer the best wind protection?
Yeah I know a Twin cooled RGU would be a better comparison but I'm just wondering until that time comes.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks great man.

So because I know you're brutally honest and have had a ton of bikes... how you liking it after having it for awhile?

I ride two up mostly these days. Big long trips. If I could score an Ultra Limited Batwing or a RGS with a proper windshild for the same price, which would offer the best wind protection?
Yeah I know a Twin cooled RGU would be a better comparison but I'm just wondering until that time comes.

Thanks!
Love it. Now that I have a good shield the ride is even better. Not as good as my 2013 RG Ultra. But that had lowers. They do make a difference no matter what anyone says. Though there is less of a need for them on the 15 because the fairing does what it is supposed to do. I rode my buddies (chromeyellow67) 2012 after he took the lowers off and could tell a difference.

Personally I could never go back to a batwing. After my spinal surgery the buffeting was too much to handle. And I tried everything to get it under control. I get zero buffeting on my 15. Just some light wind to the head and some beard lift. Considering trying some soft lowers to control the slight updraft.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Ok cool thanks! Nice to know its working out. The new fairing has grown on me and I'm getting excited because I'm finally getting to a good place financially and may be able to pick up a RGU or RGS/C sometime in the fall...
We've been down the same road if you know what I mean. I'm just now getting it together. Want a new bike something bad. Tired of this SG...

Anyway...I have a set of black lowers I'm not going to be using for awhile.
They are the pre 2014 style. You are welcome to try them out if you want. See how they work with the new fairing I guess?
They have been on my work bench for literally 4 years.

·
Registered
7,828 Posts
Nice lookin bike, I had never had lower fairing before and put them on my 15 RGS and they do make a difference in my opinion. Stopped most of the updraft and now my legs do not get pushed around at highway speeds, which I like most of all.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Is that a Mustang Daytripper?? I am looking for a seat to replace my Sidekick...I like sitting back a little since I am tall but Dont find that the harley seat is comfortable after 2-300 miles...also dont really want a big pillow, eyesore seat...

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is that a Mustang Daytripper?? I am looking for a seat to replace my Sidekick...I like sitting back a little since I am tall but Dont find that the harley seat is comfortable after 2-300 miles...also dont really want a big pillow, eyesore seat...
It is the Mustang Wide Tripper. Pretty comfy as far as lower profile seats go. Haven't had a chance to do an all day rife on it yet though. I have the rider backrest for it. That makes a difference.

@lp: I may take you up on that. I am pretty sure the pre-14-15 lowers will work. Just need to confirm first.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What windshield are you running ? How tall are you ? flhman
That is the Freedom Shields 12". I am 5' 8" but very tall torsoed. I think I could have used a 13". But I think I would have hit the grey area of tall and short.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts