Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just returned from a 3,345 mile trip traveling from Oklahoma to Canada and around the north shore of Lake Superior. Beautiful scenery and great ride but thats not the reason for the post. We stopped in Duluth MN to gas up at Kwik Trip and in my haste to leave I left a pair of $100 riding gloves on top of the pump. When I realized it I thought for sure they would be gone so I continued on my trip. Six days later when I returned to Oklahoma I decided to call the Kwik Trip store not expecting anything but called anyway. To my surprise after describing the gloves the station manager stated he saw us ride off, noticed the gloves, grabbed them and took them in the store. I call six days later, explain I'm in Oklahoma, and if what he already did was not enough he took my address information and stated he would mail them to me. It's cool to see people doing kind things for others and nice to be on the recieving end. My challenge to all of us is be the guy that puts others first, do something nice whether it's small and whether anyone notices or not. Edmund Burke "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" so let's be men of action and do something.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
OK. Gotta Ask, how do you ride off without putting your gloves on? I don't even touch my bike with my bare hands. Don't want my oils ruining the finish or disintegrating the grips.

Just funning with you. Good deal that the guy did that. If he had known they were worth $100 he probably would have put them on craigslist. LOL!

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
OK. Gotta Ask, how do you ride off without putting your gloves on? I don't even touch my bike with my bare hands. Don't want my oils ruining the finish or disintegrating the grips.

Just funning with you. Good deal that the guy did that. If he had known they were worth $100 he probably would have put them on craigslist. LOL!
I'll go one better. I pulled over to piss under an overpass took one glove off, pissed jumped on the bike and forgot the one glove on the guide rail. Yup.

OP. Great story. I also do what I can. When I can.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Were you at the station on 27th and Michigan St. #224 ? If so Ill stop in some time and give him a personal Thank You.

It was store 218 @ 4215 Grand Ave - Malcomb. Already called corporate office to make sure he got a pat on the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Truth be told my wife was chewing on my ear about something so I was anxious to get back on the road...lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Great story! I find that most people are good people and it's a great thing for that person to do. I always wanted to do the North shore of Lake Superior it must of been a awesome trip. By the way the only pair of gloves I paid over a $100 for is my heated gloves from Gerbing.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
I'll go one better. I pulled over to piss under an overpass took one glove off, pissed jumped on the bike and forgot the one glove on the guide rail. Yup.

OP. Great story. I also do what I can. When I can.
Now, I've walked all the way out to the bike and realized I left my helmet inside whatever place I was visiting. LOL!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts