Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent some quality time riding to, through, and from Glacier National Park with @NorCal last week. A few shots to share with my fellow Roadies:

Norcal and better half were blessed with a rainbow

Winny against the Glacier backdrop

Highway 12 between Lewiston, ID and Missoula, MT - great ride!

Halfway stop on highway 12

·
Super Moderator
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A few more:

My Ansel Adams attempt (color version)

The fire was pretty widespread. Going To The Sun Road had just reopened that morning.

Lake....something, something in Glacier

America's Loneliest Highway, Hwy 50 in Nevada, is pretty lonely.

·
Registered
269 Posts
US 12 is a fantastic ride. How far up into GNP did you go? I crossed the GOTSR and went up into Canada. It's pretty spectacular.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Those are some awesome photos Ron. I'm glad you guys had a safe and fun trip.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Great pics. Really good clarity & such great scenery.
Thanks for posting!

Ron

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Nice pics! you went right by us.we live just south of highway 12.When you guys ride up here,ought to shoot me a message,maybe we can meet up.

Lucky me,I get to ride through this country every day back and forth to work in Missoula.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Thanks for sharing pictures of your memorable ride.

·
Super Moderator
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow a lot of burnt trees. Did it smell like burnt wood?
Surprisingly, no, the smell was not as strong as I expected. There were actually some areas that were still smoldering, but no real action on the part of fire crews. Most of them had been dispatched by the time we rode through.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Family and I went through there in June 2011 as part of our daughter's Graduation Trip. We call it our 3 Parks Tour. We did the Teton's (Jackson Hole, WY), Yellowstone, and Glacier National Parks.

Originally it was just going to be my daughter and I on the bike, but Mom decided she wanted to go at the last minute, so we took the truck. It's just as well that we did. It was wet most of the way and Going to the Sun Road was still closed. They had between 30 - 40 feet of snow on the ground still up there.

We went in as far as we could from both directions, but were sorry we had to skirt the park to the south to get over to the west side.

I'll see if I can locate some of those pictures from Glacier NP, then post them.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Thanks for sharing some great pics. I was there in 2011 and am heading back out the end of next week to trail ride the area south of Glacier NP with friends from near Essex.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Great pics looks like you really enjoyed the ride. God Bless USA

1 - 20 of 22 Posts