Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple weeks ago someone thought i didnt need an intact fairing any more and smashed it in for me. Im hoping the piece is still inside the fairing. My question is what would be a good epoxy to use on the plastic then once it's cured what would be a good filler to use. This will be the first time ive done body work on plastic. Thanks. ImageUploadedByMO Free1405189321.788462.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
Go to a body shop supply store. They will have all you need. You might be better off just buying a used one with scratches.

·
Super Moderator
12,428 Posts
Wow, whoever did that had to know they hit your bike. Did you check all over to make sure there's no more damage, where was your bike parked? I think I would look for another outer fairing rather than try to fix that, let us know how this turns out.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
I wouldn't even try to fix it. Get a hold of PC Pain and order a new one, I ordered a new painted outer fairing from Jon and it was under $400 shipped to the door. If you find a used one it may have stripped holes or scratches in it and if you can't find the right color you would need to repaint it.

·
Registered
380 Posts
We have to find the little S#$t who did this to your bike. When will people have respect for other peoples property? Too bad you can not use deadly force to legally to protect property, but this guy has got to be taught a lesson. I'm so sorry to hear that you have to deal with this. It is not the same world it was 25-40 yrs. ago. If it were me, I would do what others have suggested and purchase a new outer faring, instead of trying to fix it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I agree, it would be easier to find a different one instead of epoxy welding. At least they didn't break the inner fairing also. That's what all the wires are attached to/through. You could find an outer fairing painted that would be cheaper than your insurance deductible.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Though it has been a couple weeks as you noted, did you check to see if there were security cameras in the area that may have captured the incident?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the helpful replies. Im not sure where it happened. It could have been at one of 3 places. Now that its done i have to deal with it. Im not exactly rolling in cash so ill probably do it myself. My deductible is 500 and as of now im only getting a little over 100 above the deductible to fix it and i really need that to change my front tire first. I dont know who did it.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Thanks for the helpful replies. Im not sure where it happened. It could have been at one of 3 places. Now that its done i have to deal with it. Im not exactly rolling in cash so ill probably do it myself. My deductible is 500 and as of now im only getting a little over 100 above the deductible to fix it and i really need that to change my front tire first. I dont know who did it.

Check with forum member PC Pain (Jon) he works parts at Horny Toad HD and forum members get a discount on P&A. Like I mentioned before I got a BRAND NEW PAINTED outer fairing for under $400 shipped. You can't beat the price IMO and Jon is great to work with.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I rook the head lights out today so i could reach in the fairing and fish around for the busted piece. It wasnt there so it looks like we are going to try fiberglass

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 16 of 16 Posts