Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what the issue is? Sometimes the bike will not start the first time. i flip the button to run, turn ignition on, what for the ACR to release and the light to off and then I hit the start button. And all I here is clunk, like someone jammed a screwdriver in the starter, then the fuel pump kicks on again and goes through the cycle. Then when I hit the start button the bike fires right up. This has happend on a cold start and also after a gas stop. It also happened before and after the T-max install. The regulator has been replaced because of the recall and it does not do it all the time it is sporadic. Any help would be of great assistance.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
There can be a few things going on there when the bike cycles it sprays a small amount of fuel into the systems to help fir it up. It could be dry what I mean is it may need more fuel at start up because it sounds like it will fire up after second try.
On the tmax that is call initial fuel pulse.
Also make sure you check your tmax for firm ware up grade.

·
Registered
440 Posts
There can be a few things going on there when the bike cycles it sprays a small amount of fuel into the systems to help fir it up. It could be dry what I mean is it may need more fuel at start up because it sounds like it will fire up after second try.
On the tmax that is call initial fuel pulse.
Also make sure you check your tmax for firm ware up grade.
You just described perfectly my circumstances since installing my Tmax. I know it ain't gonna cold start on the first try. So the first time I hit the button I don't let it crank--just hit it and let off. 2 seconds later I hit the button again and it fires right up--this is on cold starts. On hot starts it starts just as soon as I touch the button for only a fraction of a second.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks fellas. Frank can I adjust the amount of fuel sprayed at start up or is that something that is programmed into the map? If it iis adjustable what should I set it at? I will check the firmware this weekend. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts