Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just purchased the Sony AX5000 head unit from Fathead Cycles. I also am installing a Cerwin Vega B52 amp and Infinity Kappa speakers. I'm a little stumped on how the amp connects to the speakers. Do I run the speaker wires from amp directly to speakers bypassing the original connections? If so, what happens to the original connection? Any insight would be very appreciated. Audio is new to me but how are going to learn if you don't try?

Thanks and may God bless

CMA Hollywood

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
I've just purchased the Sony AX5000 head unit from Fathead Cycles. I also am installing a Cerwin Vega B52 amp and Infinity Kappa speakers. I'm a little stumped on how the amp connects to the speakers. Do I run the speaker wires from amp directly to speakers bypassing the original connections? If so, what happens to the original connection? Any insight would be very appreciated. Audio is new to me but how are going to learn if you don't try?

Thanks and may God bless

CMA Hollywood
If your connecting the Sony to the Amp via rca cables (low level) you won't use the speaker connections on the Sony. You may also need to go into the software of the Sony and turn off the internal amp. You'll then run speaker wires out of the amp straight to the speakers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts