Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed the Sony DSX-MS60 marine unit. I haven't had much time to play with it, but a quick search of the manual didn't seem to answer my question.

When I plugged in a USB stick with a bunch of music on it, it just started playing a track. It was not set to shuffle that I could tell.

The USB stick has each artist in its own folder, and each album in its own sub-folder.

Here's the question - I didn't see a way to navigate between artists and albums.

Any tips here? Thanks!

·
Registered
348 Posts
HIAB- I too just installed the same unit and navigating the usb (walkman) is not easily figured out.I'll be monitoring in case someone can offer some insight. (subscribed)

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
donut is right,.. hit that little magnifying glass and it brings up your folders. You browse through them by turning the dial (5) and pushing it in when you find the one you want.
Its covered a little in your owners manual on page 22, in the top left hand corner (shows you how it goes from folder to folder and track to track). Great feature, and its nice to have the artists all in different folders to get to certain ones quick.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
OK, thanks guys - RTFM, I guess. :) <slinking>
I'm not very good at navigating menus on the radio at all,
or reading manuals for that matter,
I consider it an imposition, just to be-front my character

I just happened to be cleaning out folders when you posted and was staring
right at it.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Thanks for asking the question, I have that same radio and it has been something that has annoyed me from the get go. I just put everything in one folder and went with it. Now that I see how to do this I will try it. And no I did not read the manual past the install cause that had pictures.

·
Registered
188 Posts
have any of you guys had trouble with your ipod or iphone overheating and shutting off while you were using it in the tray? I saw it was an issue with the head unit on the Sony website.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
have any of you guys had trouble with your ipod or iphone overheating and shutting off while you were using it in the tray? I saw it was an issue with the head unit on the Sony website.
That would suck. I bought a bunch of 64GB USB sticks for $32 each to use in this unit, there's not enough space on a single iPod/iPhone for me.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
That would suck. I bought a bunch of 64GB USB sticks for $32 each to use in this unit, there's not enough space on a single iPod/iPhone for me.
Same here,.. I just use 32gb and 64gb thumb drives. I refuse to buy an apple product, so no ianything for me. :D

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
The classics freeze because they have are hard drive in them & the vibration affects it. I have two classics a 30gb & 160gb and both will freeze. My iPhone I have no problem with it freezing as it no hard drive & uses flash memory like all the iPod touches have.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts