Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
about 2 months old, Sony's top of the line Marine CD Receiver with Bluetooth

Take all of your favorite music on the water with this CD receiver designed specifically for marine use. Enjoy high power and detail in everything you listen to thanks to DSEE upscaling and an incredible 100 W x 4 output, while SongPal and Siri Eyes Free give you hands-free control for Android and iOS smartphones.
It's in the bike right now, just ordered another head unit to suit more to my needs ;) (I need separate HPF for this setup). I'll remove it once it sells or I have my replacement (whichever comes first)

I bought this brand new from my local dealer and will include the original receipt for you (it was also professionally installed if that makes a difference to you).

Perfect condition, zero issues there. Hasn't seen rain and my bike is garage kept.

$200 shipped, includes all paperwork etc.

Let me know if you have any questions and I'll do my best to answer.

Attachments

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dragging up an old post...

BEWARE OF DIREWOLF AS A BUYER

I sent him this head unit back in October 2016 in perfect working order.

I've dealt with a lot of you on here, hdforums, and facebook and NEVER have I had an issue with any product not being as described.

This guys says the unit doesn't work and files a claim on April 14th 2017!!!

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Dragging up an old post...

BEWARE OF DIREWOLF AS A BUYER

I sent him this head unit back in October 2016 in perfect working order.

I've dealt with a lot of you on here, hdforums, and facebook and NEVER have I had an issue with any product not being as described.

This guys says the unit doesn't work and files a claim on April 14th 2017!!!
Damn Son! Five months later. That is a stretch on the time frame for making sure things are good. I'm not getting into this other than to give advice for the future to both parties in a transaction.

BUYER: Check items purchased as soon as possible to make sure you're happy with the sale.

SELLER: Keep in contact with buyer and push them to check their purchase out if they haven't already and let you know that they're satisfied. Then you'll have a record of them stating that they're satisfied and if they're not then it's a perfect time to work something out.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Maybe it's all a mistake. Have you contacted Direwolf, or has he contacted you?
He contacted me in january 27th (when he said he finally tested it) and said that HE thought UPS screwed it up and that was that. I told him to use the receipt if there was an issue as it was basically brand new and working perfectly when I removed it (it was still under warranty).

I never heard anything else until paypal contacted me on April 14th.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
The story actually goes like this. When I contacted him it was in January like he said, but not because I tested it. The radio was being installed in January at my Indys shop, just because I bought in October didn't mean it was being installed right away as my Indy was trying to catch up on work before him & his wife headed to Alaska for the month of December & couldn't get my Scoot in until mid January. Once he had the radio in the bike I got a call saying the head unit wouldn't work I got a hold of Bunker and he said to try something different as that is what he had to do, we did and it still didn't work. Got a hold of him again and he said sorry but it was working before I took it out. I was like well maybe it got messed up in shipping but how would I know. So now I'm out $200 for head unit that doesn't work, and have to spend another chunk of change on a new one. Any up until a few days ago I was just going to let it go, but then I figured why should I take the hit. So I decided to go thru Paypals resolution center an the first thing they do is tell you to try an contact the seller to resolve the issue, so I sent Bunker a message thru PayPal stating split the difference & give me a $100 back an I'll ship it back to him. Anyway he apparently didn't agree with an let PayPal decide the outcome. I found out today that they decided in my favor. You know I never would have taken this to the forum & I really don't feel I did anything wrong. I have also been on this forum from pretty much the beginning of it & have never screwed anyone over. As far as being beware of Direwolf goes, it certainly isn't for the reason stated here. I'm 64 years old & have been riding 59 plus years, I went through the Biker wars back in the late 69's thru 70's, I'm about as old school as they come & am actually a pretty nice guy. Bunker if you want to do the split like I proposed let me know, if not I'll just go by paypals decision. Heading out on a road trip tomorrow to the mountains in GA & NC so I won't be back till Sunday late. You know Fuck that shit I'll just go by Paypals decision instead. You had to take this to the forum instead of dealing with this man to man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well you screwed me over...

I included the original receipt for you and told you when you contacted me in January that IF their was a problem you could use the receipt and have it fixed under warranty (this after you having the unit for 2 months, who knows where you stored it or what your "indy" did to it in that time).

Fast ward 3 and a half more months without any notification and you now want half your money back. Now it's out of warranty because you've HAD IT FOR 6 MONTHS!

Why should you take the hit? because you came on these forums, bought a piece of gear and instead of sending it back right away or fixing it under warranty, you decide to wait 6 months and file a claim. If you weren't happy in January (which was still 2 months after you had it) why didn't you file a claim then? My guess is you know that it was working but it just didn't work the way you wanted it to and you wanted to go a different direction, that's called buyers remorse.

A real man would stand behind his decision and not try and go back on it after another 3 and a half months.

Remember this email Sent: Jan 27, 9:55 am?

Not I like I don't believe you on this, but I went up today and checked it out also an it was wired the way you said. Have no idea what happened to it but apparently something must have jarred it during shipping. Oh well shit happens right, not much you can do about that as dealing with UPS, USPS is a pain in the ass trying to get them to take the blame on it. Thanks for the help.

Later

Lyndon
That was the last response I got from you until April 14th when you disputed it with paypal.

I've sold a hell of a lot of gear on these forums and never once have I had an issue. All my gear is exactly as described and anyone (except you it seems) has been more than happy with my transactions.

The story actually goes like this. When I contacted him it was in January like he said, but not because I tested it. The radio was being installed in January at my Indys shop, just because I bought in October didn't mean it was being installed right away as my Indy was trying to catch up on work before him & his wife headed to Alaska for the month of December & couldn't get my Scoot in until mid January. Once he had the radio in the bike I got a call saying the head unit wouldn't work I got a hold of Bunker and he said to try something different as that is what he had to do, we did and it still didn't work. Got a hold of him again and he said sorry but it was working before I took it out. I was like well maybe it got messed up in shipping but how would I know. So now I'm out $200 for head unit that doesn't work, and have to spend another chunk of change on a new one. Any up until a few days ago I was just going to let it go, but then I figured why should I take the hit. So I decided to go thru Paypals resolution center an the first thing they do is tell you to try an contact the seller to resolve the issue, so I sent Bunker a message thru PayPal stating split the difference & give me a $100 back an I'll ship it back to him. Anyway he apparently didn't agree with an let PayPal decide the outcome. I found out today that they decided in my favor. You know I never would have taken this to the forum & I really don't feel I did anything wrong. I have also been on this forum from pretty much the beginning of it & have never screwed anyone over. As far as being beware of Direwolf goes, it certainly isn't for the reason stated here. I'm 64 years old & have been riding 59 plus years, I went through the Biker wars back in the late 69's thru 70's, I'm about as old school as they come & am actually a pretty nice guy. Bunker if you want to do the split like I proposed let me know, if not I'll just go by paypals decision. Heading out on a road trip tomorrow to the mountains in GA & NC so I won't be back till Sunday late. You know Fuck that shit I'll just go by Paypals decision instead. You had to take this to the forum instead of dealing with this man to man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
and just as I thought, this guy used some fly by night shop that didn't know what they were doing... radio just showed up and I took it to The Audio Edge in Nederland Texas (where I bought it) and wouldn't you know it:

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts