Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for help... I just installed the MEX-M70BT and I am having a problem getting my USB drive to read properly. Is there a limit on the drive size? Also, I have been trying to use double twist program on the computer to move the music onto the drive. I have tested the USB ports with a much smaller drive and just moved music directly onto the drive and it played, but I want the ability to have playlists. Guess I need to know if there is specifc directory requirements.

Thanks in advance for any help

Registered
I have the marine sony, and I can tell you that there are limitations on the number of folders, and the number of files per folder.

128 folders, and 500 files/folder is the limitation. If you exceed either of these, it will get funky.

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/437810/Sony-Dsx-Ms60.html?page=15

I looked at your manual on line, the only spec they have for USB is max number of files = 10,000.

But - only MP3, WMA, and WAV supported. What kind of files are you trying to play?

Double twist? Whats wrong with.... copy?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I am using double twist app to move the files so that I have my playlists intact. All of the files are mp3 format.

I think my problem is the drive is too large. I am using a 64 gb 2.0 USB thumb drive. I have a feeling there is a limitation on the size of the drive. I am going to try a 32 gb drive and see if the problem still exists.

Registered
I am using double twist app to move the files so that I have my playlists intact. All of the files are mp3 format.

I think my problem is the drive is too large. I am using a 64 gb 2.0 USB thumb drive. I have a feeling there is a limitation on the size of the drive. I am going to try a 32 gb drive and see if the problem still exists.
Thats possible, yep.

Registered
I have a MEX-GS610BT and use a 64GB and 32 GB, no issues with either. The 64 is plugged into the radio usb jack, the 32 is on the secondary glove box port. I just copy the music, and set to shuffle.

JP

Registered
Looking for help... I just installed the MEX-M70BT and I am having a problem getting my USB drive to read properly. Is there a limit on the drive size? Also, I have been trying to use double twist program on the computer to move the music onto the drive. I have tested the USB ports with a much smaller drive and just moved music directly onto the drive and it played, but I want the ability to have playlists. Guess I need to know if there is specifc directory requirements.

Thanks in advance for any help
Make sure the USB drive is formatted FAT32.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
It was formatted for FAT 32.

Jpeesy - have you tried the 64 gb on the rear USB port?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts