Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Sony Marine radio model CDX M50IP,would it be worth while to change this out with the stock Harmon Kardon radio,i have a hog tunes amp with Hog Tunes speakers,or are they close to the same as far as sound quality.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would!

I run a Sony media deck in my Batwing Road King, a Hogtunes amp and 4 5 1/4" speakers, plus a Sony amp and 2 more 5 1/4 Hogtunes speakers in my lowers.
Love the remote, love having the MP3 player instead of CD's.
I'm impressed so much by the Hogtunes sound that I've purchased a new Sony CDX deck, the Big RG Kit, Tweeter Pod, Tour Pak Speaker Pods and the Rev7 Amp and Woofer Kit.
I'm into the set up for about $1500.
Hogtunes just sounds really good to my ears and you CAN NOT beat their service.
Pez (@ Hogtunes) recommended the Retro Radio kit to utilize the factory handlebar controls and I'm thinking I should still be able to override them with the Sony remote.
Haven't finished the build yet, but I'm really thinking with a high powered deck, 2 amps, 2 sets of speakers, a set of tweeters and a set of woofers it should kick ass!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a Sony system I picked up from Biketronics; came with speakers as well; Sound is excellent. Glad I made the switch as I now also have an MP3 port on the bike to plug my cellphone as well as a thumb drive with all my favorites loaded on it. Lastly the system is such that it allows for my hand controls to operate the sony radio like they did the OEM radio.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts