Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*SOLD* Sony xav-ax5000

Got rid of the bike I bought this for and I do not think I will be going that direction with the new one so here it is for sale. Absolutely brand new and warrantied by Fathead Cycles. This unit is complete plug and play and was set up by Fathead Cycles. Check their reviews. I did remove it from the packaging to inspect it and check it out. I then mounted it to check fitment and plugged it in to test the operation of the unit. The fit was spot on perfect and I tested it as Fathead Cycles told me they had some that had failed right out of the box. This one did exactly what they are supposed to do. I then put it back in the box and am now deciding to sell it. Everything is there 100% as it came from Fathead Cycles. $450 shipped conus.

Fits 2015-newer Road Glide models

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
hmmm...

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have a stupid question. I have been looking at this for some time now and have one question: Can I connect my phone through the cord to get apple play and then use the Bluetooth to play inside my helmet? So, essentially have full phone function with the controls and still hear inside my helmet?

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a stupid question. I have been looking at this for some time now and have one question: Can I connect my phone through the cord to get apple play and then use the Bluetooth to play inside my helmet? So, essentially have full phone function with the controls and still hear inside my helmet?
I'll be honest with you, I do not know. Does it work on the boombox system already on your bike?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'll be honest with you, I do not know. Does it work on the boombox system already on your bike?
Yes, I have connected bluetooth devices to the stock radio. The only difference is I am not connecting my phone to the radio and then connecting to the helmet. I am nearly certain that it will work, but was hoping that you had tried it.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I tested the functionality of the unit to make sure it operated and for fitment. I did not actually run this unit, just tested.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Is the AA/Apple Car Play wireless or does it have to be connected?

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As far as I know it has to be connected. I'm going to go with that is normal because any vehicle I personally know of they all have to be connected.

·
Registered
1 Posts
As far as I know it has to be connected. I'm going to go with that is normal because any vehicle I personally know of they all have to be connected.
it would say if it's Wireless CarPlay enabled....As far as I know there are only a handful of units made by Pioneer and Alpine with this support. This Sony Deck however does not support Wireless CarPlay/AA as it must be connected to phone itself. Hope this helps.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts