Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy's,

Is there any advantage to using any of these sound dampning products to line the fairing?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I lined my faring with "Rattle Trap" today, it really does make a difference in the bass crispness

Thanks guys

·
Registered
119 Posts
How much did it take? I see you can buy 10 sq ft of it for 24.99 on Ebay. I might give it a try.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much did it take? I see you can buy 10 sq ft of it for 24.99 on Ebay. I might give it a try.
10 SQ FT will do 2 RG farings

I don't know anything about the polyfil, good or bad.

I know the Rattle Trap made a difference in my bass output.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Installed the J&M Inside Fairing Acoustic Speaker Pads on my inner fairing today. Checked fit with inner and outer fairings screwed together and had to trim a little of the foam from under the storage boxes but otherwise the fit looks OK. Will know more when I get all the wiring and other parts inside the fairings and installed on the bike.

·
Administrator
12,448 Posts
Looks good, you will notice a difference, you can still put polyfil around the speakers also. IMO it'll make the bass a little better.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
89 Posts
Wrap your speakers in polyfill. I tried several other things dynamat, pads, etc... and this works best. Ask user Ultranutz. You can pick it up at hobby places that have pillow stuff.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Is there any where this process has been displayed in a "How to" or pictures displaying it around the speakers??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts