Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone has experiece with the sound digital evo 800.4 class D amp. Found someone selling it for $250. Most post i have read was on the evo-x.

Specs for 800.4 class D is

14.4 -4ohms 4x147
14.4v 2 ohms 4x 223
Bridged 4ohms 4x446

Coming from a stock 2021 RG. Interested in upgrading fairing speakers and maybe lid speakers in the future. Trying to hear the radio on interstate. Thanks in advance for any input.

· Registered
26 Posts
Bridged 4ohms 4x446

Coming from a stock 2021 RG. Interested in upgrading fairing speakers and maybe lid speakers in the future. Trying to hear the radio on interstate. Thanks in advance for any input.
There are more than one line of EVO amps but if it's the EVO X it's 446x2 instead of by 4. If it's an evox that's a pretty good price. They have a small footprint and play pretty well when paired with an efficient speaker. One of my club bros has the 800.4 running two Mmats PA601CX in his fairing and some Mmats 6x9s in his lids and his bike is loud and clear. I have a 400.4 and a 400.2 and they perform well and are small enough to fit beneath the factory radio.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are more than one line of EVO amps but if it's the EVO X it's 446x2 instead of by 4. If it's an evox that's a pretty good price. They have a small footprint and play pretty well when paired with an efficient speaker. One of my club bros has the 800.4 running two Mmats PA601CX in his fairing and some Mmats 6x9s in his lids and his bike is loud and clear. I have a 400.4 and a 400.2 and they perform well and are small enough to fit beneath the factory radio.
Thanks for the reply and feedback. These are not the EVO-X it is the EVO D class 4.0. Never heard of them and cant find much info on them. The rating i posted is what supposed to provide.

· Registered
778 Posts
It’s a good amp, good performer and will be a fine amp for most 4 speaker rider setups. It’s a little light on power of you’re adding 6 speakers but miles better than stock. It’s larger than the new evoX line so make sure it fits before you dive in on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It’s a good amp, good performer and will be a fine amp for most 4 speaker rider setups. It’s a little light on power of you’re adding 6 speakers but miles better than stock. It’s larger than the new evoX line so make sure it fits before you dive in on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you, I appreciate the feedback! Good to know it will be better than stock and will allow for 4 speakers in the future.

· Registered
26 Posts
No problem, the 800.4D EVO is a discontinued amp, the ratings look close to the EVOX but one of the biggest differences is it has a fixed crossover https://soundigitalusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Manual-400.4_800.4S_Digital-ING-REV6.pdf
after looking closer at the specs it puts out way less power than the 800.4 EVOX. If you're going with a two speaker set up a better bet for about the same amount of money would be a 400.4 EVOX bridged to two channels.

· Registered
376 Posts
Month old post i know but dare say he is referring to the Brazil spec amps. Called 4.0 instead of X.

Same size/output expect fixed 80hz X over.

Also the Evo d linked above has close enough to same output.

I run 2 Evo 4.0 and have 2 Evo X all 800.4

80hz may mean U gotta run a dsp if your speakers don't like 80hz but other than that if it's still available grab it.

200wrms is more than enough per speaker 400wrns (bridged) is crazy power and what I run

Hop on Brazil eBay and pick one up if you are keen.

· Registered
7 Posts
Month old post i know but dare say he is referring to the Brazil spec amps. Called 4.0 instead of X.

Same size/output expect fixed 80hz X over.

Also the Evo d linked above has close enough to same output.

I run 2 Evo 4.0 and have 2 Evo X all 800.4

80hz may mean U gotta run a dsp if your speakers don't like 80hz but other than that if it's still available grab it.

200wrms is more than enough per speaker 400wrns (bridged) is crazy power and what I run

Hop on Brazil eBay and pick one up if you are keen.
Never thought to look on Brazil eBay! Price is unbelievable in comparison. Not quite sure (or confident) in the pay and shipping. Have you did it and if so, could you share your experience?

· Registered
376 Posts
Never thought to look on Brazil eBay! Price is unbelievable in comparison. Not quite sure (or confident) in the pay and shipping. Have you did it and if so, could you share your experience?
I ordered mine from ebay not sure exactly from what version (likely .com.au and selected all available) all but as im Australian i dont care if its from brazil or USA

Ive had zero issues with my amps and i crank them i used a fuke scopemeter to tune radio no issues.

Just pretty much the 4.0 cuts out the middleman and is the pov pack. I seriously doubt there is more than 1 manufacture line one day they build the POV pack, next day the build the US spec

· Registered
7 Posts
I ordered mine from ebay not sure exactly from what version (likely .com.au and selected all available) all but as im Australian i dont care if its from brazil or USA

Ive had zero issues with my amps and i crank them i used a fuke scopemeter to tune radio no issues.

Just pretty much the 4.0 cuts out the middleman and is the pov pack. I seriously doubt there is more than 1 manufacture line one day they build the POV pack, next day the build the US spec
When I look on regular eBay from the US the listings state that the product is from Brazil so I do not doubt that all are of the same build quality. Oddly enough, the only difference between the listings on Brazilian eBay and US eBay is the monetary denominations. The amounts are the same just that one is in Reals (R$) and the other is in USD ($). At a 5 to 1 exchange rate, that is a significant difference. The only apprehension I have is the payment process and whether I will actually get my product. Stupid question, how did you pay for it? (credit card, PayPal, wire)

· Premium Member
2017 RGS
223 Posts
If you're in the states why order out of country? Especially if they are same price. Get it quicker and (hopefully) less shipping costs. I usually PayPal most times - leaves me 2 avenues for any recourse.

· Registered
7 Posts
If you're in the states why order out of country? Especially if they are same price. Get it quicker and (hopefully) less shipping costs. I usually PayPal most times - leaves me 2 avenues for any recourse.
It's much less in Brazil. Five Brazilian Reals to one USD. R$399 vs. $399, huge difference.

· Premium Member
2017 RGS
223 Posts
Ok, thought you meant is was same price despite exchange rate.

Reactions: Littlej44
1 - 14 of 14 Posts