Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I just bought my first bagger (2019 Road Glide Special) in December. Traded in a Night Rod Special and I couldn't be happier. Love it. Took it to Bike Week in Daytona and got a new saddle, some airbrush artwork and ... a 2 channel Sounds Bagger Audio system.

The speakers are amazing. Sound great. What blew me away is that prior to installation they never mentioned that I'd be able to use the CarPlay feature even without a WHIM system installed. So when they fired it up and that came on, I was blown away. I love having access to all my music at my fingertips. AND ... having Waze as my navigation.

Here's my issue / question. I got back from Bike Week and today the CarPlay feature won't connect. I turned both my bike and phone off and on. I disconnected my phone from the Boom system. I tried repairing my phone a number of ways. But it won't connect. Any thoughts on what else I can try? It's like flying First Class ... I don't want to go back to Coach.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Do you have a WHIM or a wired headset on the bike? On a 2019 model with the GTS you HAVE to have one or the other....no way around it. If it was working it shouldn't have been. Adding new speakers and an AMP doesn't change that.

·
Registered
6,770 Posts
Welcome to the forum. It’s also my understanding without the WHIM system it will not work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts