Road Glide banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have to get my review of the new SS PN4.1000D amp. I bought this amp online because I needed a replacement to my Hertz HDP4 while it was out getting repaired. So, I get it in and set it up and it works flawlessly for about 2 months. My currently audio setup is a pair of Hertz HSK165XL's in front fairing wired in parallel, a pair of HCX165's in my lowers wired in parallel, and a set of Hertz 6x9's in a set of Hogtunes lids wired at 4 ohms (1speaker per channel on rear channels).

So, Ive been using this amp for about 2 months and approximately a week ago. I noticed that my left speaker was not working. All I could hear was a buzzing sound out of it so I thought the speaker was blown. Removed the speaker and all was good. Hooked it up to another channel and walah - sound. So, to make it last... I wired the lids speaker in parallel on the remaining rear channel and it worked for about 2 weeks. Today, it just stopped working like the last channel so I just unhooked the speakers from the rear channels. The fronts still work for now but they do not seem very loud so at this point I am not at all impressed with this amp.

My HDP4 is suppose to be back this week so I'm gonna relocate it to my tour pack and rewire and hopefully I can get it all worked out. Just wanted to give my review which is less than stellar at this point. I've not really heard anything bad about the PN4.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
10,388 Posts
That not good. My pn4 520 has been flawless now for about 8 months . Just powering two speakers up front.
Did the pn4 1000 affect fm reception at all ? Where is it mounted?

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That not good. My pn4 520 has been flawless now for about 8 months . Just powering two speakers up front.
Did the pn4 1000 affect fm reception at all ? Where is it mounted?

I never listen to the radio. Always pandora or my music on my iPhone so I can't comment on the reception issue.
I had it mounted in my saddlebag.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.