Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally finished getting my amp wired up to the bike. Soon I am going to do the final mounting and get the wiring cleaned up.
During the first test, I noticed a radio frequency playing on the speakers before the stereo turned on. It does not interfere with the stereo but I would like to stop it if possible.
I am concerned the speaker wire I used is not of high enough quality. Would that cause the speakers to pick a station as described?
Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
I finally finished getting my amp wired up to the bike. Soon I am going to do the final mounting and get the wiring cleaned up.
During the first test, I noticed a radio frequency playing on the speakers before the stereo turned on. It does not interfere with the stereo but I would like to stop it if possible.
I am concerned the speaker wire I used is not of high enough quality. Would that cause the speakers to pick a station as described?
Any ideas? Thanks!
Never heard of that before,. Are you sure it's a radio station and not static?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll purchase new wire and see if that doesn't clear the station. It's a station...I can clearly hear music until the radio comes on.
Always appreciate feedback...Thanks!

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
I'll purchase new wire and see if that doesn't clear the station. It's a station...I can clearly hear music until the radio comes on.
Always appreciate feedback...Thanks!
You may be in a doorway entering into the 5th Dimension. >:)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did not hook up the center ground on the high level input harness. Ultranutz has a post in a thread that essentially says the ground wire is not needed. I also used his amp level set tutorial...Thanks Ultranutz!
If you installed the SoundStream PN4.520 did you use the ground wire? Just curious about other folk's installs.
Thanks!

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
I did not hook up the center ground on the high level input harness. Ultranutz has a post in a thread that essentially says the ground wire is not needed. I also used his amp level set tutorial...Thanks Ultranutz!
If you installed the SoundStream PN4.520 did you use the ground wire? Just curious about other folk's installs.
Thanks!
Yes, I did. Why would you not need a ground wire ? New to me.

Edit... I misread your post. I'm connected via rca cables.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No problem Gary!...I appreciate the fact you speak up Brother. You have several times in the past. Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Soundstream Nano PN4.520

I have a 2005 HD radio-sound HU
I put this amp in last year with two 6.5 Kappa 11e speakers and big improvement. Both recommendations from this site.

I have a question as pondering adding lower speakers as well but the pods are expensive and slim pickings for the old non vented FLTR lowers.

Where are the most reasonable lower fairing pods to be found?

This amp has two high speaker level inputs. Would I ever use the second set of inputs? I just pulled the old speaker lines and ran through one of the high level speaker inputs?

I have not bridged the amp but if only using one set of inputs would be make sense to bridge and up the power.
The instructions with the Amp are lame. and the English is poor.
eg Function is Funtion in the manual.

Thanks, just sitting at computer waiting for the road to clear of snow( so lots of time to ponder shit) like this!

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
I have a 2005 HD radio-sound HU
I put this amp in last year with two 6.5 Kappa 11e speakers and big improvement. Both recommendations from this site.

I have a question as pondering adding lower speakers as well but the pods are expensive and slim pickings for the old non vented FLTR lowers.

Where are the most reasonable lower fairing pods to be found?

This amp has two high speaker level inputs. Would I ever use the second set of inputs? I just pulled the old speaker lines and ran through one of the high level speaker inputs?

I have not bridged the amp but if only using one set of inputs would be make sense to bridge and up the power.
The instructions with the Amp are lame. and the English is poor.
eg Function is Funtion in the manual.

Thanks, just sitting at computer waiting for the road to clear of snow( so lots of time to ponder shit) like this!
It might be a better option to add the 2010 fairing brackets and buy Mutazu vented lowers with 6.5 speaker pods. This mod will also give you a better high speed stability by tilting the front of the fairing down.

You will only need both connections if your running 4 speakers or bridging channels. If you decide to bridge the amp, you better make sure your speakers can handle the load. Bridging is usually used for powering a bass speaker, not coaxial speakers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts