Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty sure I'm going to get this done in Sturgis next week. Pricey, but they have a great reputation.

I believe it includes a 400W amp, head unit flash to flatten the EQ, and 4 speakers (not sure what brand)

I'm curious about 1) if you are running this package, how does it sound? 2) any heat issues inside the fairing? I'm sure its not a problem, otherwise would have heard about it, but just curious.

Anyone running their base package on a 2017 FLTRU?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
CARBON 65'S and Iron 57's just when in this weekend.... with new Soundz SC4.100 amp.

You won't be disappointed at all

I just ripped out Focal 165Krc's and HAT 157-2'S AND Arc XDI600.4

GO FOR IT...

Look up my YouTube channel TGRISKO and watch my vids

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
623 Posts
I'm not sure what package it is but you can't go wrong with soundz. He is a great guy and really helped me out when I got in over my head on an install (long story). I have the amp from the MPAK 12 package but used 3 sets of HAT imagine speakers in the front, back and lowers.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting, I was always under the impression that Focals are the top of the line. Well, I guess we're going to have a conversation at Rapid City HD

They want $1350 for 4 speakers, an amp, their flash, and installation. Not cheap, but I have neither the expertise nor the time to do it myself.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Listen to different setups before you spend any money on audio. Find out what you like then buy.

Lots of great bike audio stuff going on. Got to the audio section on the other forum. Tons of info there. There are mild to wild builds on that site and the guys over there know there stuff and won't steer you wrong. You can do a lot of damage with that budget

·
Registered
852 Posts
Interesting, I was always under the impression that Focals are the top of the line. Well, I guess we're going to have a conversation at Rapid City HD

They want $1350 for 4 speakers, an amp, their flash, and installation. Not cheap, but I have neither the expertise nor the time to do it myself.
IMO...That's a good price for their installed system.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
IMO...That's a good price for their installed system.
Sure is a GREAT PRICE... you're getting install and flash for nothing for the most part

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the Focals/Arc Audio on my last bike (Ultra Limited) and just got the newer Carbon speakers with the Soundz Amp installed at Laconia in June. You will NOT be disappointed!

·
Registered
1,731 Posts

What are the components for this?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What are the components for this?
Not sure. A 400w amp, I think, but I dont know what brand. Also not sure what speakers.

I was going to ask a lot of questions at their booth at Rapid City HD, but since then I've decided not to spend the cash and just live with the stock setup for now.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
The amp would most likely be the SOUNDZ SC4.100. It's the one I have and can drive 8- 4 ohm speakers with ease.

170x4 @ 2ohm load

Probably Irons for speakers at a guess looking at their price list on the website

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Not sure. A 400w amp, I think, but I dont know what brand. Also not sure what speakers.

I was going to ask a lot of questions at their booth at Rapid City HD, but since then I've decided not to spend the cash and just live with the stock setup for now.
I guess it depends on what the speakers and all parts...speakers can get expensive!!!

Good luck!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Spazz

I currently have a 16 RGS with the system above that you removed.... Focal KRC 165, HAT 157 and ARC 600.4 amp. How does Carbon 65- Iron 57. How does the new setup differ from Focal system?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Spazz

I currently have a 16 RGS with the system above that you removed.... Focal KRC 165, HAT 157 and ARC 600.4 amp. How does Carbon 65- Iron 57. How does the new setup differ from Focal system?
Better overall acoustics and the lid speakers have way more bass compared to 157s...I have swapped out a few 157s for the Iron57s and immediately you can notice the increase in bass

·
Registered
27 Posts
I’ve bought from Soundz twice, once in Sturgis and once in Galveston- this last time I went with the iron speakers but left the arc amp in - pretty impressed with the iron 65 speakers - no complaints

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I’ve bought from Soundz twice, once in Sturgis and once in Galveston- this last time I went with the iron speakers but left the arc amp in - pretty impressed with the iron 65 speakers - no complaints
Irons have a very good, full sound.. and cant beat the quality of sound. The Carbon series are best suited for the speaker enclosure-style pods found in the 14 to present touring models... the Irons are recommended for a more open mounting system like the 13 and down batwings

1 - 20 of 20 Posts