Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 RGS, Cyclerama 570-2, S&S lifters and Quikee rods, had it dynoed, finally got to do an extended ride today and noticed what sounds like a spark knock when I roll the throttle under a load, it goes away after the RPMs get past 3200, sorta sounds like some gravel going thru the fender. Is this from the cam, lifters, rods, gas or maybe tune. any suggestions would be great, I want to get this resolved and really not sure where to start.

·
Banned
72 Posts
If you had it dynoed that shouldn't be going on, are you maybe lugging that motor before you wack it.Is it doing it in 1st gear ? Just thinking out loud here,i myself would bring it back to yer dyno guy and tell him whats going on.
Mike

·
Registered
154 Posts
Agreed, it's most likely the tune, don't wait take it back to the tuner or at least call him, just probably needs some tweaking and will be all good.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Needs to have some spark backed out of it at lower rpms. Its a common problem with pressure (torque) cams.

Many dyno operators really only have one goal, maximize torque and HP results. For street driven vehicles you often have to leave some of that power on the shelf, and tune for drivability.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts