Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a note from Jamie at Fuel Moto recommending staying with stock HD spark plugs for proper knock sensor operation or something to that matter. I lost his e-mail. HD carries three types: OEM", "SE for Stock Compression engines". and SE for High Compression engines".

I got a 2010 103ci with SE255 cams. Can't determine which plugs I have, and I can't pull them right now. Any thoughts?

Carcass

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
stock plugs are hard to beat. you don't need to pull them you can see what they are just by looking at them. stock will say 6R12 on them

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hard to see with my bad eyes, but I got it, thanks Jeff.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
All 3 styles of HD spark plug will work fine with your bike , The SE plugs will cost you more $$$. I use the SE high compression plugs with no problems .

·
Registered
327 Posts
I remember a few years back folks talking about making sure that the spark plugs are indexed so the electrodes are in the proper position for maximum burning of the fuel. Do we need to concern ourselves with indexing our spark plugs?

Thanks in advance.

BG

·
Registered
7,215 Posts
I remember a few years back folks talking about making sure that the spark plugs are indexed so the electrodes are in the proper position for maximum burning of the fuel. Do we need to concern ourselves with indexing our spark plugs?

Thanks in advance.

BG
If youre running a race engine at the track that would be a good idea. If not then it wont make much of a difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts