Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Road Glide. I purchased the rocksford fosgate R1-HD4-9813 motorcycle system. I am lost on how to connect the other two speakers with the amp since my ride only came with two speakers. I NEED HELP!! If you have a pick that would be great.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have a 2006 Road Glide. I purchased the rocksford fosgate R1-HD4-9813 motorcycle system. I am lost on how to connect the other two speakers with the amp since my ride only came with two speakers. I NEED HELP!! If you have a pick that would be great.

Thanks in advance
Where did you mount the second 2 speakers??

-G

·
Registered
177 Posts
I am cutting a hole in the inside of my fairing.
Ok, then you would need to run speaker wires from the amp (back 2 channels) and run to the second set of speakers. You will most likely have to purchase some wire, and run it.. That should be very easy to do. I just ran a wire for my SubWoofer from the front right fairing to the left rear to my RazorPack..

Good luck.. If you need more info please just let me know!

-G

·
Registered
758 Posts
Thanks for your response. I just hope I don't get you frustrated with the questions. So, am I splicing wires?
I can't see your pic, but if you're using high level inputs there will be some splicing. You'll have to cut the wires currently going from your stock head unit to the speakers (cut them a few inches from the speakers) - the end attached to the radio gets spliced to the input harness for the amp. It's a 4 channel amp so there should be 2 output harnesses - 1 for front and 1 for rear speakers (the ones you cut holes for). The output harnesses will get spliced to the respective set of speakers - unless they were nice enough to give you harnesses with spades on the end already and then this splice isn't needed.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Thanks for your response. I just hope I don't get you frustrated with the questions. So, am I splicing wires?
You shouldn't need too.....

The amp should have a 2/4 channel switch on it... Select 2.. That will flow the front inputs into all 4 channels! Happy Happy!

-Gus

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HD Harmon Kardon Rear Speaker plug

I have a 2006 Road Glide and I need some help with a rear speaker issue. I have a Rockford fosgate amp with 4 speakers. I spoke to afriend at work today and he said I needed to get a HD Harmon KardonRear Speaker plug to attached to my stock stereo for the new rear speakers to work. "Which makes sense based on the way the speakers need to be connected. However, we both looked for the HD part number and got no where. I called HD and that was NO HELP.

Does anyone out here know the part number?

I saw something that looks similar on EBay for $33.

·
Registered
177 Posts
HD Harmon Kardon Rear Speaker plug

I have a 2006 Road Glide and I need some help with a rear speaker issue. I have a Rockford fosgate amp with 4 speakers. I spoke to afriend at work today and he said I needed to get a HD Harmon KardonRear Speaker plug to attached to my stock stereo for the new rear speakers to work. "Which makes sense based on the way the speakers need to be connected. However, we both looked for the HD part number and got no where. I called HD and that was NO HELP.

Does anyone out here know the part number?

I saw something that looks similar on EBay for $33.
If you need to FADE from front to back, yes, you would need to get the back channel wires, and most likely a dealer FLASH for your radio. But since you mounting the other 2 speakers in your fairing toward the cowbells, you really don't need to fade. And just switching the amplifier from 4-ch to 2-ch will drive the front speakers to ALL 4 channels of output.

I have the same amp, and I'm running 4 speakers; 2-stock, 2-lowers and I'm driving in 2-ch mode and have sound from all 4 speakers.

There is another post, on here or elsewhere that has the pinout. Your harness that comes out of the head-unit has 4 empty ports, those are where the wires would have to be attached.

Just my 2c.. Good luck! Would love to see photos when it's done!

-Gus

1 - 12 of 12 Posts