Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,

I got my speakers in and amp on the way, but I have a couple stupid easy questions...at least for some of you, however, I'm an electrical idiot!

1) Sounds stupid, but I don't know where to get power for the amp?

2) Can the amp bracket be mounted to the top of the stereo head unit and still have room for the outer fairing to go back on properly?

3) Is there a wiring harness I'll need, if so, where to purchase?

I ended up going with,
RF P1675's to replace stock location
RF P165's to go in the inner fairing, and a
Picasso Nano amp

4) Do I need to do anything with crossover, or is that all built in to the speakers/amp?

5) Is there no 3.5mm input jack on the back of the radio to wire in an ipod/phone and have the wire running in the fairing instead of out of the front of the head unit?

I seriously appreciate any help I can get here.

Thanks in advance,
Wade

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Is it a road glide specific kit?
The power is best to pick up directly from the battery with an inline fuse.
There is a channel underneath the tank to run the wires in. Tank removal is a snap. Helped a buddy put an amp and 4 new speakers in over the weekend. Less than three hours start to finish we had it all back together and rocking. CB unit may need to be relocated.
There is an orange wire with a push on quick connector behind the headlights to turn the amp on and off with the ignition so you don't drain power when bike is off.
Doesn't answer all of your questions but its enough to get started.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is an orange wire with a push on quick connector behind the headlights to turn the amp on and off with the ignition so you don't drain power when bike is off.
Any chance that's the same one I had to use when hooking up the Daymakers?

Wade

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Don't have Daymakers but yes that's the wire. You can make a simple pigtail to give yourself another power connector.
I think that wire was used for small lights in the center of the Daymakers.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Hey Folks,

I got my speakers in and amp on the way, but I have a couple stupid easy questions...at least for some of you, however, I'm an electrical idiot!

1) Sounds stupid, but I don't know where to get power for the amp? From battery. I bought my kit from Walmart, but theres plenty out there.

2) Can the amp bracket be mounted to the top of the stereo head unit and still have room for the outer fairing to go back on properly? Its possible depending on amp size. H-Donut on this site sells mounting brackets. I bought mine from him

3) Is there a wiring harness I'll need, if so, where to purchase?
Depends on amp, it may come with, it may not. Just buy some wire and do it yourself.
I ended up going with,
RF P1675's to replace stock location
RF P165's to go in the inner fairing, and a
Picasso Nano amp

4) Do I need to do anything with crossover, or is that all built in to the speakers/amp? Not familiar with the amp, so can't help here

5) Is there no 3.5mm input jack on the back of the radio to wire in an ipod/phone and have the wire running in the fairing instead of out of the front of the head unit? Stock no. Highly suggest replacing the HK HU. Its a piece of junk. I went with a Sony that holds the ipod internaly..No CD, but then I don't use them. Love the unit.

I seriously appreciate any help I can get here.

Thanks in advance,
Wade
My 2 cents above

1 - 6 of 6 Posts