Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been covered, but couldn't find an answer after a quick search.

So I'm upgrading my system and have narrowed everything down except the speakers. I was sold on a pair of Hertz Energy ECX 165's until I heard a pair of JL Audio TR650-CXi's. The JL's sounded better to me, but are 6 3/4" opposed to the Hertz' 6 1/2". Will these fit or do the speaker adapters only match up to a pair of 6 1/2" speakers?

TIA

BC

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have 6 1/2 speakers and don't think 6 3/4 will fit the adapters. Just make sure that they are a true 6 3/4 inch speaker , some companies state their speaker is a 6 3/4 but they measure 6 1/2.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 6 1/2 speakers and don't think 6 3/4 will fit the adapters. Just make sure that they are a true 6 3/4 inch speaker , some companies state their speaker is a 6 3/4 but they measure 6 1/2.
Thanks for the reply. JL audio lists this model as a 6 1/2", but the dealer I visited stated it was 6 3/4". Having done more research online, this IS a 6 1/2" speaker and the TR600-CXi is a 6" speaker. Man, they do know how to make it clear as mud. Nonetheless, was able to answer the question with some more reading.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Don't forget that choosing the speakers, you must also consider if they are water resistant.
The car speakers may sound good when first installed. But over time, the weather will make regular speakers deteriorate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts